Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Rebel Leader - Ackbar or Lando

With today's update Lando's leader now applies to Rebels too. Ackbar and Lando are both pretty cool. I think that begs the question though, who to use?

- Ackbar: 25speed / 10% Tenacity and the non-attack assist
- Lando: 15speed / 29% Crit damage

Looking for feedback because I may not be considering everything here.
- Ackbar
pro's: Assist and a little more speed
cons: Assist is limited to his own specials, Han's taunt, and Leia's stealth. Sure Rebel Soldier but who really uses him?

- Lando
pro's: More crit damage. Great for his AOE, good synergy with Wedge and Leia, guaranteed Crit on Biggs assist attack

cons: Less speed than Ackbar, lose the couple assist attacks

Hope this stimulates some good conversation about the two Rebel leaders.
  • "BentWookiee;380474" wrote:
    Why not Wedge?

How come Leia Wedge and Lando (until recently) had to be data pack chars! Have to be a big spender to rock a strong rebel team CMON!!!
  • "BlowinLoadz;381188" wrote:
    Ackbar's assists calls from leadership aren't just for rebels, it's anyone using a special non attack skill. Like a heal or RG's defense up.

Interesting, didn't think about RGS taunt, that's good to know.

Wedge... I don't know about him, who do you give up on a Rebel Squad for him? AA, Leia, HRS, and Han are all too good. Seems like you take Wedge or Lando maybe but Landos AOE seems better.
  • Overall I'd still think that Akbar gives you more. The additional speed is often necessary for Han to get his taunt off and that usually makes or breaks a Rebel team. That and if you have an Omega HRS getting his basic off first turn.

If you are facing a team where Lando's speed still enables HRS/Han to get their individual shots off early enough to matter and a team that isn't that loaded with debuffers/stunners then Lando would work. With AA out of the lineup the Rebel team can do a lot more damage. A max level Rebel team that was Lando/Omega Fives/Han/Leia/Omega HRS is pretty damn scary.
  • "saboater;382282" wrote:
    "Darth_Jay77;381773" wrote:
    "BlowinLoadz;381188" wrote:
    Ackbar's assists calls from leadership aren't just for rebels, it's anyone using a special non attack skill. Like a heal or RG's defense up.

Wedge... I don't know about him, who do you give up on a Rebel Squad for him? AA, Leia, HRS, and Han are all too good. Seems like you take Wedge or Lando maybe but Landos AOE seems better.

Not from Taunt--but from defense up.

Note to self... don't try reading at 4am when you first wake-up. LOL

From what I see here and elsewhere, I think I'll probably stick to the team I initially started on and let others mess with Wedge.

Ackbar (L)
    Leia
    Lando
    Scout
    Han

What about Biggs? His special doesn't seem to be better than what Lando provides with his AOE. Lando is at least more of a threat to opposing Leia's too.
  • If you want to run Leia/Han- Ackbar

Though if you want to run Lando/Phasma then Ackbar lead can be a liability for keeping his advantage up.

Really depends on the squad, if they release Leia to f2p now Wedge is in auro then we will see Ackbar lead
  • "Darth_Jay77;382310" wrote:
    "saboater;382282" wrote:
    "Darth_Jay77;381773" wrote:
    "BlowinLoadz;381188" wrote:

Not from Taunt--but from defense up.

Note to self... don't try reading at 4am when you first wake-up. LOL

From what I see here and elsewhere, I think I'll probably stick to the team I initially started on and let others mess with Wedge.

Ackbar (L)
    Leia
    Lando
    Scout
    Han

What about Biggs? His special doesn't seem to be better than what Lando provides with his AOE. Lando is at least more of a threat to opposing Leia's too.

Biggs is who you use if you are ftp and don't have leia
  • "LaLiam;382323" wrote:
    If you want to run Leia/Han- Ackbar

Though if you want to run Lando/Phasma then Ackbar lead can be a liability for keeping his advantage up.

Really depends on the squad, if they release Leia to f2p now Wedge is in auro then we will see Ackbar lead

What's your thoughts on Wedge in-general as a squad member or leader? Have you unlocked and promoted him yet?