Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Resistance Pilot?

I was checking out max stats on swcantina and I noticed that this guy has a basic attack that is far more powerful than anybody else. I know he's not fast enough for the arena, but is he a good GW character who you can sub in to deal some serious damage? Or does he have a fatal flaw in missing?
  • Seems ok with easy farming in GW
    Not as powerful as FOTP as the swgoh cantina stats do not seem to take into account the prob of a double tap for FOTP
    Am farming him now for want of more interesting GW drops
  • "IG_88_b;130556" wrote:
    Seems ok with easy farming in GW
    Not as powerful as FOTP as the swgoh cantina stats do not seem to take into account the prob of a double tap for FOTP
    Am farming him now for want of more interesting GW drops

Ah double tap. Knew I was forgetting something. Still though, RP can be raised to 7* in the time it takes to get FOTP to 3*
  • I think it's a mixture of things. He has no utility, a low AP rating, and there are better straight DPS types. Just a comparison to a few for example:

Rey - comparable basic attack damage, but Rey's special does almost 50% more damage. Pilot's special actually does less than his basic. She's also 28 points faster.

Greedo - 20% less damage on the basic, but with crits Greedo regularly shoots twice and doesn't have a bad shot at 3 or 4 shots. Especially if some one like Sid is his lead.

IG-86 - basic attack isn't much to talk about, but special does same damage as Pilot's basic and calls an assist. If 86 is in a droid team the assist more than likely has increased crit chance and power, and will refill all droids' turn meters on a crit. So you could wind up getting 2 more attacks out of it.

Geo Soldier - His special goes every other turn, hits really hard, and calls in an assist with 25% extra power.

If the Pilot's unique had a little more uummph to it, (more crit chance or more turn meter added) I think he would be used more.

• Resistsnce Pilot does more base damage but as others have said, many of the top damage dealers have extra chances to attack, like FOTP or Leia or Rey or Greedo, or assist for s Free attack, etc. RP has chances to expose (if didn't kill the tsrget...) and is more durable with Foresight. But the true damage Kings do more damage pero round even if they do less damage pero hit.
  • He can be used in Arena. I've seen him seven starred in a top 100 team. His turn meter manipulation makes up for any speed issues. Also; were going to have ships some day... You're going to need a pilot.
  • "JeighKaeNeither;131820" wrote:
    He can be used in Arena. I've seen him seven starred in a top 100 team. His turn meter manipulation makes up for any speed issues. Also; were going to have ships some day... You're going to need a pilot.

Most units can pilot. luke has XWing, Vader has his personalized TIE, han has the Falcon, Anakin (and every other Jedi) has the DeltaB7 jedi fighter, and so on. There are a lot of personal ships

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago