Forum Discussion

6 years ago

REVISED; Dooku Zeta Question. New queries!

https://swgoh.gg/p/983744743/

My inventory.

So I have the Zeta abilities for my main one or two teams pretty much squared away and I'm zeta-ing solely on the basis of improving my PVP standings (GAC mostly but TW also).
I'm thinking I'll prob toss my next zeta on my EP emp-sith squad as they're prob my next toughest and most developed group without one yet (SA I play my ZBSF as #5 on Jango-BH which is my main group RN. I understand how far behind meta I am : /. FTP woes lol)

So I definitely am goin to want EPs unique zeta - definitely before his lead one which IMO, just seems like a very weak Z ability in comparison to alot of the zeta leads out there. I've been utilizing this squad very effectively without it and can't imagine it helping more than the +50% prot & Max prot gain of his unique.

However I have a zeta ready to put on someone right now. And I'm very very torn because I really want to do Dookus unique Zeta first. I employ Dooku in a lot of facilities on account of his countering stunning ability blocking mechanics. The only issue I have with him he's kinda soft as you're all aware

My question:
Can anyone who has it themselves tell me - does Dookus zeta improve his effectiveness and longevity 'nearly' as much as it seems to?
Because the text for it is great! Reads way better than either of Vader's or palps stupid zeta texts seem to... But it also seems like potentially it could end up just 'not improving him ENOUGH to make him a truly viable, deadly counter attacking tank like he seems to have the potential of being' ...
Sorry for long post! Thanks in advance for your input
  • "RandomSithLord;c-1904300" wrote:
    No way should you ever do Gar's zeta, unless you have 60+ zetas and you really don't know what to do with another 20 mats. Vader's No Escape is also more useless than it seems.
    Do the Veers zeta if you have troopers geared, the Dooku one if your guild is doing Geo TB (and again, Dooku is geared).
    Otherwise just hold it, you don't need to spend every zeta immediately.

For Troopers Veers' unique is a gamechanger. If you already have decent Troopers I would strongly recommend it.
  • "CombatCommander7;c-1904374" wrote:
    "RandomSithLord;c-1904300" wrote:
    No way should you ever do Gar's zeta, unless you have 60+ zetas and you really don't know what to do with another 20 mats. Vader's No Escape is also more useless than it seems.
    Do the Veers zeta if you have troopers geared, the Dooku one if your guild is doing Geo TB (and again, Dooku is geared).

For Troopers Veers' unique is a gamechanger. If you already have decent Troopers I would strongly recommend it.

Veers zeta is NS killer trooper team. I use it against opposition NS every GA
  • "ToxicFish;c-1904962" wrote:
    "CombatCommander7;c-1904374" wrote:
    "RandomSithLord;c-1904300" wrote:

Veers zeta is NS killer trooper team. I use it against opposition NS every GA

At G12 they can beat many teams. Non-CLS rebel teams and even up to Bountyhunters are quite easy fights.
  • Yeah Jango-BH is my SA group. So I have nightsisters wrapped up lol. I wouldn't spend a zeta just worrying about that matchup, hence.
    My top squads are prob

ZZJF BH with 3 zetas (4 when I use BSF as 5th - my SA setup. GA BSF goes with Palp)

ZBast Jedi with only Bastilla's zeta. Want GMYs battle med zeta eventually. But Jedi is a low priority squad for me. They only get used in GA anymore.

(Now-) ZPalp Emp-Sith with Palp's lead and BSF zetas, as of yesterday. I run palp Vader BSF dooku and either maul vs jedi or tarkin vs most other squads.

Then - IT, Ackbar-Rebs with Chewie/Han/Fulcrum and Asaaj-NS are my 4th, 5th and 6th best respectively. All these have no zetas but are ready to start zeta-ing up as far as toon and ability levels go...

My IT are all 5star only - though, which s*cks - and I just don't have the resources RN or in the near future to farm everyone on that team to 7*. But that said, they're all gear 9 maybe an 8 intermixed and Starck I believe is 10. (This is keeping in line with most of my top squads really. Only my BH, Bast, BSF and Palp are at G10 to G11. BF is my only 12. I'm really just breaking into getting the gold portrait toons into my roster.
    So; my IT squad is right on track with everyone else. I can clear my dimmable GW with them everytime. I can complete the empire special missions on HothTB up to like phase 3 or 4 with IT every time. They're yet another GA offense unit I'd be zeta-ing. And sometimes I don't end up using them it they draw a bad matchup. Although in THAT case, the zeta would open them up as a viable match if the enemy has a REALLY tough team which requires me BH to deal with AND, also, a tough NS unit besides, know what I mean?...

And last piece of info - no. My guild isn't doing GEOTB for the foreseeable future either...
  • FYI I used Palp lead in Arena still (squad not even all G12) and place top 20 daily with all of the Revans >:)
  • "Dryff;c-1905660" wrote:
    FYI I used Palp lead in Arena still (squad not even all G12) and place top 20 daily with all of the Revans >:)

Yeah they're a tough unit especially if you're built to run empire heavy w the TM gain.
    But also I was gonna say - With my current setup (Jango Hunters) Palp empire and NS are actually teams that I am straight *hunting*. Those two teams are like fresh fish for me lol. I prey on them. And they're a really strong unit until Jangos lead shuts them down. It just goes to show though, even the toughest squads can fall victim to 'something'. This is another reason I want to start diversifying my Zeta distribution to other units you know?
  • "Kodiak_Skywalker;d-207870" wrote:
    o I definitely am goin to want EPs unique zeta - definitely before his lead one which IMO, just seems like a very weak Z ability in comparison to alot of the zeta leads out there. I've been utilizing this squad very effectively without it and can't imagine it helping more than the +50% prot & Max prot gain of his unique.
    t

I know I'm late to the convo, but EP's leadership zeta is one of strongest in the game outside of the Revans… it sounds like it doesn't do much, but when you factor in how debuff heavy EP teams are, that TM train is amazing.

But back to your main question, I'd hold off on Dooku's zeta. As of right now, he doesn't really have a proper team to be placed on and you can completely shut down his zeta by with daze. Even if you don't debuff him, he doesn't hit hard compared to the new toons to really be a threat. There are way better options than him on EP squad and other Separatists fit better with people like GG and Geo Brood Alpha, so he doesn't really fit anywhere unless they add more Separatists or something.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 4 hours ago