Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Shaak Ti and Clone Sargent synergy is amazing! Shaak,Sargent and Rex trio good vs DR?

This new kit makes me wonder if Shaak Ti will be good vs Darth Revan comps without Malak. +35 speed makes Rex (161 base speed) go before a lot of darth revans (166 base speed) if you have good mods (god mods not needed) and that 60% tm boost he gives clones while also giving out tenacity up means all the clones will go before the entire DR team. Clone Sargent aoe removes 50%.......and since the opposing DR team doesn't have debuffs yet on them their TM can actually be removed with that ability. Might need to take out Fives when going against DR teams and replace him with the clone Sargent to get that extra muscle and prevent the opposing revan teams from getting that speed down debuff from Fives basic before you can start removing tm with Rex's basic and clone sargents aoe. Shaak Ti combo with Sargent is great! he gains 50% on his basic when he crits. She can call him to assist and he'll attack 2 times.....so that is a total of 100% tm if he crits 2 times which is very likely due to his unique (gives him 18% crit chance with 4 clones in the squad) and modding correctly. His aoe is on a 3 turn cool down so he could be getting it a lot with the mass assists from Cody and Shaak Ti giving him 50% TM on the crits when he joins in on the attack.
  • "Jarvind;c-1876032" wrote:
    Bro. Paragraphs.

haha, noted! =) hopefully people were able to make out the key points from it tho still.
  • "obikenobi1;d-205477" wrote:
    This new kit makes me wonder if Shaak Ti will be good vs Darth Revan

No. They straight up say in the dev insights on her design that she isn't intended for arena.
  • Bonus speed from leadership isn’t counted as base speed for the purpose of speed mod calculations so they will still be slower.
  • "Calbion;c-1876034" wrote:
    Bonus speed from leadership isn’t counted as base speed for the purpose of speed mod calculations so they will still be slower.

i know that it isn't counted in for base speed when it comes to speed mods giving the 10% speed bonus, but.....Rex has 161 base speed. that is just 5 slower than Darth Revan (166 base speed). A speed set will give each person +16 speed. If your good mods are only 29 speed slower than their god mods on Revan, you'll get the jump on Revan teams with +35 speed from Shaak Ti. It's not nearly as impossible as people may think. Darth Revan teams care fast but there are lots of faster teams out there its just that when the Darth Revan teams start taking turns they get much faster. So the key to beating them is to reduce their tm or focus down key pieces on their squad before they get too crazy.
  • It doesn't matter that leadership bonuses on speed are applied after mods, they will (or at least can) be faster than DR and might get a small advantage with the initial TM removal from Sarge. However, against DR he becomes a one trick pony and is dead weight after his initial aoe. Once the opponent starts stacking debuffs the TM removal won't work.
  • "VIR2L_One;c-1876056" wrote:
    It doesn't matter that leadership bonuses on speed are applied after mods, they will (or at least can) be faster than DR and might get a small advantage with the initial TM removal from Sarge. However, against DR he becomes a one trick pony and is dead weight after his initial aoe. Once the opponent starts stacking debuffs the TM removal won't work.

all of the clone squads i've ever faced up against have the Clone Sargent as the main damage dealer. he actually hits really hard with offense up and crit damage up. his basic attacks granting him 50%tm makes him go a lot! I've seen many squads where Sargent goes a lot because of the assist attack from Cody and Fives and occasionally a 20%tm from Echo's basic.

Now you can throw in Shaak Ti with 2 special abilities that can grant 100% TM to Clone Sargent.Training excercises making Clone Sargent attack 2 times (50% + 50% =100% TM) and Assault Team (grants a target clone 100% TM and all clones assist). Eventually he'll get to do his aoe again after the initial 50% tm reduction and that might just be before their team has debuffs still and that 50%tm reduction would spell the end of their team. without taking a turn or getting debuffed, the DR team would just get tm reduced to death. Will be interesting to play around with mods to get this team to work right. I don't think it will work on defense in squad arena because you can't expect the AI to always give Clone Sargent the tm, but for GA/TW offense you could definetly use a team to take down Darth Revan teams because there just aren't many out there right now. even if a Shaak Ti clone squad can beat everyone on a Darth Revan team except for Malak, that is a huge win!
  • "NicWester;c-1876088" wrote:
    "obikenobi1;d-205477" wrote:
    This new kit makes me wonder if Shaak Ti will be good vs Darth Revan

No. They straight up say in the dev insights on her design that she isn't intended for arena.

I agree it won't hold on defense in squad arena, but i think it can win on offense if you need to climb. You do need to be good at offense and def tho to be considered meta in squad arena, so the clones fail in that regard. The dev's intention was for it to be good in GA and TW which is where you see a lot of Darth Revan teams that either make or break your chances at winning. Since you can focus on just making a squad to beat Darth Revan teams, i made this post to focus on the on possibility of a squad of clones being able to beat the Darth Revan teams in GA and TW.
  • "obikenobi1" wrote:
    ... Eventually he'll get to do his aoe again after the initial 50% tm reduction and that might just be before their team has debuffs still and that 50%tm reduction would spell the end of their team.

Rex going first getting everyone on your team to 100% TM is not a consistent strategy. It'll be massive rng who goes first and you could end up wasting a lot of bonus TM. We don't know the base speed of Shaak Ti. If it is not much lower than Rex's you might actually get close to using his special twice if Shaak Ti goes first (giving 100% TM to Sarge) followed by Rex giving 60% TM to the team. Cody will get his turn calling an assist which will get Sarge to 100% TM (his 2nd attack). Due to TM removal Shaak Ti will get a turn before the opponent does giving Sarge 100% TM (his 3rd attack). At that point you'll have a Sarge at 50% TM and substantially lower speed than DR who should actually be above 50% TM as there is a considerable "gap" between Rex's special and Shaak Ti's 2nd turn.
    You should also keep in mind that DR teams are quite durable without ferocity stacks (tanky SiT, max. health bonus on DR and BSF). There is no way to get DR killed with clones before he takes a turn and if he does everyone else on the team will take a turn which is most likely the end of the clone squad considering how squishy some of them are even with bonus health and protection from Shaak Ti.
  • "VIR2L_One;c-1876144" wrote:
    "obikenobi1" wrote:
    ... Eventually he'll get to do his aoe again after the initial 50% tm reduction and that might just be before their team has debuffs still and that 50%tm reduction would spell the end of their team.

Rex going first getting everyone on your team to 100% TM is not a consistent strategy. It'll be massive rng who goes first and you could end up wasting a lot of bonus TM. We don't know the base speed of Shaak Ti. If it is not much lower than Rex's you might actually get close to using his special twice if Shaak Ti goes first (giving 100% TM to Sarge) followed by Rex giving 60% TM to the team. Cody will get his turn calling an assist which will get Sarge to 100% TM (his 2nd attack). Due to TM removal Shaak Ti will get a turn before the opponent does giving Sarge 100% TM (his 3rd attack). At that point you'll have a Sarge at 50% TM and substantially lower speed than DR who should actually be above 50% TM as there is a considerable "gap" between Rex's special and Shaak Ti's 2nd turn.
    You should also keep in mind that DR teams are quite durable without ferocity stacks (tanky SiT, max. health bonus on DR and BSF). There is no way to get DR killed with clones before he takes a turn and if he does everyone else on the team will take a turn which is most likely the end of the clone squad considering how squishy some of them are even with bonus health and protection from Shaak Ti.

Good points! I think with Echo dispelling all buffs on his special EMP grenade, you'll be able to target people like Badstilla and HK with the mass assist attacks. Revan won't be easy to take out, but he's much easier to deal with once people like HK and Badstilla aren't around. sith Trooper isn't a threat, he's just annoying. If anything, this squad will be able to allow you to at least deplete a lot of their squad and enable a 2nd team to clean up the remaining DR and Malak if that is what is left. hopefully the damage output from single attacks is enough to destroy Revan with his lower defense from the stacks of Ferocity. Revan is good and losing a turn is harsh, so that will be tough but i don't think Revan and Malak will clear a full squad by themselves. Clones and Shaak Ti also get Retribution also when taking damage, so that is kind of a big deal to when figuring out damage potential to take out Revan teams.