Forum Discussion

7 years ago

should i stockpile carbantis

So yeah somehow i managed to stockpile 200 carbantis (mk3 carbanti) and i still see them in shard store

Thing is i hear on the forums,carbantis are so rare etc etc etc

Should I stockpile on them,always?
  • Yes any carbs you can get, grab them.
    They are by far the most used gear in the game, outnumbering furnaces / droid callers / syringes / mk3 holo projectors / stun cuffs / and even stun guns.
    And remember, to craft a stun gun, you need the 50 gun salvage and a full carb.
  • When I last checked (about a week ago) I had 57 characters in need of at least one carbanti at their current gear level (most actually needed 2, and a few needed 3). Most of those 57 will need another 2 carbanti's at their next gear level, and another 2 at the next.

Of the energy I spend on gear farming, 90% of that energy now goes to farming carbanti. (though I am currently farming a hard node ds and ls for shards, so 200 energy/day goes to that - leaving about ~280/day on gear at 2 refreshes per day).

Out of curiosity I also checked my surplus of gear from the TAC gear challenge. For most of those pieces I have in excess of 3-4k. Even if I could exchange those at a 5-1 ratio into carbanti's, that would only let me give each of those 57 characters 1 carbanti (plus 3 extras).

The short of it, even if you spend a couple thousand $, you will not have enough carbanti.
  • I get sad when I look at half geared toons I don't use and see many a wasted carbanti.
  • I need about 50 full pieces right now. It becomes a major gear crunch beginning around tier 8 for many characters, and they are needed through to gear 10 or 11. Kenobi needs 500, and others need a few hundred.
  • If I wasn’t lazy I’d show you a screenshot of a character who needs that just for one gear level. Yuckz
  • I stockpiled them for a long time on accident. At one point I probably had between 500 and 600 saved up and it really paged off when I started gearing general Kenobi. I was able to gear him up in no time. So I would say yes save them. They'll pay off when it comes time to gear any of the top tier characters

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,719 PostsLatest Activity: 8 years ago