Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Sith Empire team's 5th slot: Assassin or Marauder?

Assuming the team has Darth Revan, Bastila, HK, and Trooper (the only tank in the faction) - what makes the most sense for the fifth slot? A lot of people seem to just be assuming Assassin is the way to go, but I'm not quite sure I see the rationale. Assassin has buff synergy, not debuff synergy. Marauder on the other hand will be getting massive boosts to critical chance, offense, and potency from all the debuffs on both teams. What am I missing?
  • My assumption will be it’ll depend on who or what you are fighting. Perhaps it’ll be SM and SA on offense and SiT on defense. Etc
  • I'm not so sure I'm ready to be so absolute about running Sith Trooper. ANd then deciding on 1 of the 2. I'm keeping this open and I'm going to see for myself what is working best with the mods I have. Does Taunt matter with fear? And the -def per ferocity. I'm not sure he's even a worthwhile fit. And against a mirror team, which we will be fighting, I'm not certain Sith trooper will be the best. I'm thinking that putting a fast 5 is going to be better than a fast 4. But it might be! I don't know. I'm going to play around a bit. I have 2 slots to fill between 3.
  • My sith trooper is about to be g12 so I hope he is a good fit on this team.
  • "taquillasun;c-1813200" wrote:
    I'm not so sure I'm ready to be so absolute about running Sith Trooper. ANd then deciding on 1 of the 2. I'm keeping this open and I'm going to see for myself what is working best with the mods I have. Does Taunt matter with fear? And the -def per ferocity. I'm not sure he's even a worthwhile fit. And against a mirror team, which we will be fighting, I'm not certain Sith trooper will be the best. I'm thinking that putting a fast 5 is going to be better than a fast 4. But it might be! I don't know. I'm going to play around a bit. I have 2 slots to fill between 3.

I could be wrong, but Trooper seems good to me based on two things; that ferocity will convert his hefty defense into offense, and that his attacks ignore protection and go straight for health on any debuffed enemy, which is going to be the entire enemy team.
  • Probably Marauder. We'll see a whole lot of debuffs on the field, and he'll have ferocity, so he should actually hit hard. Depending on the opposition, he might have decent toughness if they bring enough buffs.

While the named three all have there own boosted defenses, having an actual taunt is probably gonna be pretty useful
    Vaderizer
    Seasoned Newcomer
    "taquillasun;c-1813200" wrote:
    I'm not so sure I'm ready to be so absolute about running Sith Trooper. ANd then deciding on 1 of the 2. I'm keeping this open and I'm going to see for myself what is working best with the mods I have. Does Taunt matter with fear? And the -def per ferocity. I'm not sure he's even a worthwhile fit. And against a mirror team, which we will be fighting, I'm not certain Sith trooper will be the best. I'm thinking that putting a fast 5 is going to be better than a fast 4. But it might be! I don't know. I'm going to play around a bit. I have 2 slots to fill between 3.

I thought the same initially, but based on DR's kit, the main way to beat him looks to be killing off parts of his team before Ferocity starts stacking up. Trooper's pre-taunt can keep the heat off while the rest of the team rev up the murder engine, and if you mod him for low speed he won't get Ferocity and tank his defense until well after you've already started crushing hopes and dreams.
  • "Jarvind;c-1813683" wrote:
    "taquillasun;c-1813200" wrote:

I thought the same initially, but based on DR's kit, the main way to beat him looks to be killing off parts of his team before Ferocity starts stacking up. Trooper's pre-taunt can keep the heat off while the rest of the team rev up the murder engine, and if you mod him for low speed he won't get Ferocity and tank his defense until well after you've already started crushing hopes and dreams.

True but if ur fighting revan you kno he just gonna bypass the taunt. Any other team taunt will be more usefull. I think all 3 no names will have there place depending on what team ur facing