Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Sith/Empire vs Sith/Empire

What is the best Sith/Empire to handle other Sith/Empire squads. It definitely takes GK out of the rotation and possibly Wampa unless you have God Mods.

EP Vader Thrawn DN and ShT I think gets my vote. Although I occasionally think going tankless to fit in Tarkin SA or IPD may be best.

With Ep at 21% on the meta report its time to start considering this question.
  • "Olddumper;c-1466456" wrote:
    "ewqewqc;c-1466413" wrote:
    taking out of the equation ? why ? for 8 speed ? meh.
    im using EzPz, zzader, GK, Thrawn as basis, with +1 changing. sometimes MT, sometimes zTarkin, sometimes DN, TFP, Maul... whatever feel like.
    vs empire team, i can probably beat with each one of them. AI doing bad moves anyway, you have huge advantage. unless your mods are horrible, it should work.
    id say, check what do you have most in shard. is it NS ? go a sith - DN/Maul. can surprise even in defense (Maul and asajj 1v1 is never-ending battle)
    is it jRey ? well, MT is very annoying. worth a shot. also can surprise on def.
    CLS ? zTarkin/TFP can be awesome.
    Empire will be crushed by any of those.

GK is 16 speed. Their Vader gets 8 fast and yours gets 8 slower. In general the faster Vader will win.

So with that in mind, anyone tried putting Maul into their zEP team? As someone who's been running Wampa + Zader, Wampa's AOE daze does wonders against these EP leads. Maul could do the same, but wouldn't sacrifice any of Vader's speed. He might be a bit slow for the job though...
  • "Vertigo;c-1466460" wrote:
    "Olddumper;c-1466456" wrote:
    im using EzPz, zzader, GK, Thrawn as basis, with +1 changing. sometimes MT, sometimes zTarkin, sometimes DN, TFP, Maul... whatever feel like.
    vs empire team, i can probably beat with each one of them. AI doing bad moves anyway, you have huge advantage. unless your mods are horrible, it should work.
    id say, check what do you have most in shard. is it NS ? go a sith - DN/Maul. can surprise even in defense (Maul and asajj 1v1 is never-ending battle)

GK is 16 speed. Their Vader gets 8 fast and yours gets 8 slower. In general the faster Vader will win.

So with that in mind, anyone tried putting Maul into their zEP team? As someone who's been running Wampa + Zader, Wampa's AOE daze does wonders against these EP leads. Maul could do the same, but wouldn't sacrifice any of Vader's speed. He might be a bit slow for the job though...

Maul is pretty slow and squishy. I don't see him being useful. I would take the 8 speed hit to use wampa instead and live with wampa gaining no TM. Otherwise I would look at DT and Krennic for daze. DT can spread daze quickly. Between daze and shock you would hit most of the squad in no time.
  • I think EP DV DT DN IPD could be a good squad. That is a trainload of DPS somewhere along the way. Yep I think this is the secret sauce. DV will go 1st and feed IPD TM. IPD will remove TM from their squad target lock them and top off your squad. Then DN and DT will double rip cool downs as EP stuns them all. Game set match, perfect tm chain.
  • "Olddumper;c-1466472" wrote:
    "Vertigo;c-1466460" wrote:
    "Olddumper;c-1466456" wrote:

Maul is pretty slow and squishy. I don't see him being useful. I would take the 8 speed hit to use wampa instead and live with wampa gaining no TM. Otherwise I would look at DT and Krennic for daze. DT can spread daze quickly. Between daze and shock you would hit most of the squad in no time.

Fair enough, I just figured it might be worth a try if you could get Maul to go fast enough that he'd be pushed to 100% TM after Vader's initial TM crunch, but I know that might be a bit difficult, however if you did have the mods for it you could get an AOE daze stopping all the enemies TM gain right away which could put you at a huge advantage early in the battle.
  • "HK666;c-1466741" wrote:
    Would Thrawn Lead help with all the debuffs going around?

No. Ep lead wrecks Thrawn. The AI cleanses the debuffs feeding TM to Ep and Co.