Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Suggestions for a defensive team for arena?

Advance disclaimer: I know that "arena defense" is somewhat of an oxymoron in this game. I'm just trying to do as well as I can.
So I provide a lot of advice here but now I am looking for yours.
I was really excited when I got Jinn and Yoda, finally I could play Jedi in arena! So I made a team with them and it wins 95% of the time -- when I am controlling it. But the AI is spectacularly dumb with Yoda, mine is only 5* and very squishy, and so I am now getting targeted and pushed down the leaderboard. I need something with a bit more staying power.
Noteworthy current assets:
- Lumi 7* maxed
- Sid 7* maxed
- Kylo 7* maxed
- Phasma 7* maxed
- GS 6*, 7* soon, near max
- Jinn 6* near max
- Old Daka 6* maxed
- Barriss 6* near max
- Dooku 6* maxed, will be 7* soon
- Ventress 6*
- Yoda 5*
- Fives 4* maxed gear, close to 5*
- Poe 5*

Noteworthy future assets:
- IG-86 3* but with a pile of shards waiting that could take him to 6*
- IG-88 unactivated but with 5* worth of shards
- Poggle 5* but unleveled, and will have enough for 6* soon
- Rey 4* but unactivated
- Anakin 4*, will be 6* by next month
- 24,000 arena tokens
- 25,000 GW tokens

I do not have a lot of credits, currently working my pile back up after leveling up many characters for the Yoda thing. Sitting on 4M. That's why I have so many characters sitting unleveled. (I refuse to buy credits.)

Any suggestions for a team that will help me be targeted less in arena, especially if it makes use of what I already have, would be appreciated. One thought was an annoyance squad (Phasma lead, Daka, Dooku, Kylo/GS, Lumi). But this is close to what I used to play and it seems it is pretty easily beaten. Another was to go full droid, but I need a lot of credits for that. Plus my Poe is 5* which lowers my power rating and increases the chances of being targeted.
Thanks for any help.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,718 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago