Forum Discussion

mk2flip
New Spectator
2 years ago

Tarkin Intimidation tactics and dodge

Couldn't find this discussed anywhere, so if somebody does send it my way. Since Tarkins third special intimidation tactics doesn't do damage and only applies debuffs, can it be dodged? Had a weird scenario last round where nothing landed. I had the fourth move in the match with tarkin and I should have been able to get the train going but couldn't.

The opponent had like a mid-40 Dodge datacron
  • I think dodge avoids the entire ability. Which is why doing multiple attacks doesn't get past it.
    Also make sure the enemy team doesn't have high tenacity.

I kind of wish that cg would fix dodges by letting multiple attacks and non damaging abilities get through dodge datacrons. I think there is a thread about dodges getting nerfed. Just not sure how they are getting nerfed.
  • "Mk2flip;d-260668" wrote:
    Couldn't find this discussed anywhere, so if somebody does send it my way. Since Tarkins third special intimidation tactics doesn't do damage and only applies debuffs, can it be dodged? Had a weird scenario last round where nothing landed. I had the fourth move in the match with tarkin and I should have been able to get the train going but couldn't.

The opponent had like a mid-40 Dodge datacron

Abilities that do no damage should not be able to be evaded, it was a change long ago.
    It was most likely the debuffs where resisted.
  • physical damage (red) -> evaded by dodge
    special damage (blue) -> evaded by deflection
    true damage (white) or no damage -> there isn't a stat that can be used to try to evade it, so it always lands.