Forum Discussion

6 years ago

The end of critical damage mod sets?

The way the game is going with g12+ and now g13 there is a significant increase in characters base stats. So much so that percent based mod sets such as health and offense are becoming more important. On a g13 character crit damage seems pointless, as an offense set would boost the damage a lot more. My HK for example at g13 has over 5300 physical damage. Does anyone still use critical damage sets? Think I only have on RT and JTR as haven’t re modded them since when sith raid first came out.
  • Get off your high horse and go look it up. And maybe learn what a question mark is too, you know the one at the start of the thread. Hence me saying it was a question. Imagine sending for people giving it big man and looking like a complete idiot, see yourself out you muppet.
    "JacenRoe;c-1907375" wrote:
    "Rosstheboss89;c-1907325" wrote:
    Why you got to get all muggy in the replies!? Keyboard warrior.

Thread was started as a genuine question as I’ve noticed less people use CD now as opposed to before.

That’s been cleared up with the whole physical damage and crit chance vs special damage and special crit ratios.
    God forbid anyone asks a question or has a debate without your say so.

"JacenRoe;c-1907315" wrote:
    "Kokie;c-1907259" wrote:
    32% of players go with CD set vs 17% offense on HK....I just felt like throwing numbers out too

77% of adults believe they can text without it affecting their driving. Majorities are not inherently right. 47% of all people know that you can prove anything with statistics. Especially if they are made up.

As for CD sets, no. They are not going away. We went from a situation initially where there was almost no reason to ever use offense mod sets for attackers to one where there are uses for both depending on the kit and other stats. And critical hits do more damage... if you have higher offense. More offense is great for CD. This thread was clearly started by someone who doesn't understand how crit damage works.

You didn't say, 'I'm not sure how CD mods work. Is there a reason I am noticing people using them less?' You asked an overly dramatic question. Applause for the click bait title though.

While we're on the subject, I don't know what "muggy" means in the context of an internet slang/insult. Should I ask if the English language has degraded into incomprehensible gibberish, and then argue with anyone who says otherwise? Or instead should I just say, 'here is something I don't know about. Could someone shed light on it?'

Nevermind. I'll choose option three. I'll look it up myself.

• "Rosstheboss89;c-1907941" wrote:
    Get off your high horse and go look it up. And maybe learn what a question mark is too, you know the one at the start of the thread. Hence me saying it was a question. Imagine sending for people giving it big man and looking like a complete ****, see yourself out you muppet.

Thread was started as a genuine question as I’ve noticed less people use CD now as opposed to before.

That’s been cleared up with the whole physical damage and crit chance vs special damage and special crit ratios.

"Kokie;c-1907259" wrote:
    32% of players go with CD set vs 17% offense on HK....I just felt like throwing numbers out too

77% of adults believe they can text without it affecting their driving. Majorities are not inherently right. 47% of all people know that you can prove anything with statistics. Especially if they are made up.

As for CD sets, no. They are not going away. We went from a situation initially where there was almost no reason to ever use offense mod sets for attackers to one where there are uses for both depending on the kit and other stats. And critical hits do more damage... if you have higher offense. More offense is great for CD. This thread was clearly started by someone who doesn't understand how crit damage works.

You didn't say, 'I'm not sure how CD mods work. Is there a reason I am noticing people using them less?' You asked an overly dramatic question. Applause for the click bait title though.

While we're on the subject, I don't know what "muggy" means in the context of an internet slang/insult. Should I ask if the English language has degraded into incomprehensible gibberish, and then argue with anyone who says otherwise? Or instead should I just say, 'here is something I don't know about. Could someone shed light on it?'

Um. I told you I was going to look it up. And I know what a question is. You asked an absurd question about something you didn't understand, and argued with people trying to help you. Then you insulted me for pointing that out. I never insulted you. Quite a friendly one you are.
  • Please point to where I’ve argued with anyone offering help. Because your chatting nonsense as per, see yourself out moron.

"JacenRoe;c-1908155" wrote:
    "Rosstheboss89;c-1907941" wrote:
    Get off your high horse and go look it up. And maybe learn what a question mark is too, you know the one at the start of the thread. Hence me saying it was a question. Imagine sending for people giving it big man and looking like a complete ****, see yourself out you muppet.

"Kokie;c-1907259" wrote:

Um. I told you I was going to look it up. And I know what a question is. You asked an absurd question about something you didn't understand, and argued with people trying to help you. Then you insulted me for pointing that out. I never insulted you. Quite a friendly one you are.

• The formulae above, in slightly more readable form (IMO):

P/S damage is calculated:

AbilityMultiplier
    *{

+ linear offenseMods
    + linearOffenseUnfinishedGearTier
    }
    *{

leadershipOffense%Bonus
    + uniqueOffense%Bonus
    + buffOffense%Bonus
    debuffOffense%Malus

}

Then CD damage is calculated multiplying P/S damage by:
    (
    1.5 + CD%set + CD%Mod + leadershipCD%Bonus + uniqueCD%Bonus + buffCD%Bonus debuffCD%Malus
    )

Note to the forum manager: The ability to inset would be nice.
  • Note that this shows that (at least in this instance) the advantage linear mods generally have over percent mods does not reduce with scale, because increasing the linear mod does not increase the return from the percent mods.
  • If you're interested in taking them to G13 + Relics look at what type of stat is green on their character page

Strength-based - go for offense set, offense cross, and either CD or offense triangle. With relics try to find % offense secondaries over flat offense secondaries. My Chewbacca for example is only +90 speed but 10,500 physical damage.

Agility-based - go for CD set, offense cross, CD triangle. Same secondaries as above. Their natural CD and CC will get boosted by the relics. Han Solo is pretty much 100% Crit Chance without buffs and maximum CD at R7. I have mine at 8500 physical.

For anyone that deals special damage (Tactics-based) go offense set. I run offense sets on Traya, Palp, Talzin, and GMY. The difference is staggering. My GMY is 10,000 special damage at only R4. Palp and Talzin are hovering around 6500 @ G11 and G12+0 respectively.
  • Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/127295/forum-guidelines

~EA_Joz