Forum Discussion

8 years ago

The New Meta... And Anit-Meta

It's becoming clear, at least in my shard, that the team to beat is a CLS-led crit-heavy Rebel team. It doesn't really matter if it's Raid Han, Leia, Fulcrum, or Wiggs (or some combination), generally with R2 and GK. Especially difficult if this team is loaded with lots of speed.

I've done some testing with my own Rebels and CLS lead and it's clear I don't have enough speed to beat them at their own game. And in comes Rex as the anti-meta. He's not the team to beat anymore, but he remains as a strong anti-meta (and maybe he always will be). GK is a requirement, as well, to handle the incoming crits by handing out Crit Immunity and taking the heat away from your damage dealers.

For me, the rest of the team fills out nicely with Thrawn, Nihilus, and zeta'ed FOST. I get the feeling that FOST gives me a nice hand up in the current environment as a high defense tank that can hand out defense up to the team, take some heat off of GK with his taunt, self-cleanse, dispel buffs when he has advantage.

Against the CLS teams I usually lose GK and FOST, or they get worn down, but they give me enough time to take out the rest of the team. Thrawn's Fracture is especially powerful to reduce incoming DPS, as well as his protection heal and the ability to make Nihilus go faster when needed.

Have you found a good response to fast CLS teams?
  • "Drazz127;c-1227377" wrote:
    Best squad I've played is Cls. Thrawn. R2. Chaze. It's so difficult to kill...

I love my new GK Zarris R-2 Luke Thrawn squad.
    That's just a wall of protection, health, protection regen, heal, defense up, crit immunity, and cleanse. All 5 have a form of cleanse.
  • "Woodroward;c-1227100" wrote:
    It's funny that you are saying Rex leads are a good counter to CLS, because I was reading in another thread how CLS leads are going to chase Rex out of the arena what with the TM gain when debuffs get resisted and all.

Honestly, I see Zaul teams making a comeback if CLS gets pretty prevalent. Stealth and AoE daze are two pretty big counters to counterattacks.

That's what i thought but R2 prevents them from coming back. Maul was still meta on my shard a few weeks ago and the Rebel invasion (CLS/R2/zOlo) got rid of them. They can compete but still have quite a hard time between all of this R2/Luke and Rex leads.

Now when it comes to so-called "meta" i don't think there's one anymore, we always end with Nihilus/Thrawn/GK in any high tier team. Just throw R2/Luke or the next overpowered toon and you'll get your "new" meta.

Someone in my guild tried a GK (l) zBariss Thrawn Nihilus R2 and it works quite well against Luke. As usual we end with Thrawn/GK/Nihilus... ;)
  • Anti luke , gk lead, bariss z, r2, dn, thrawn. Pretty much counter the heavy crit team
  • "zombiwan_kenobi;c-1227571" wrote:

Now when it comes to so-called "meta" i don't think there's one anymore, we always end with Nihilus/Thrawn/GK in any high tier team. Just throw R2/Luke or the next overpowered toon and you'll get your "new" meta.

Wouldn't that make Nihilus/Thrawn/GK the meta? ;)

I have been doing Rex, CLS, Thrawn, FOST, and GK and it's been working out great.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago