Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Theory crafting the best "Rebel Maneuvers" counter attack team

Leader Ability – Rebel Maneuvers:
Rebel allies have +50% Counter Chance, +50% Defense, and +15% Offense. Whenever an enemy Resists a detrimental effect, Rebel allies gain 5% Turn Meter.

R2D2 has to go in spot 2. I mean, besides the whole "stun on basic" thing, and the whole "extra stats up the wazoo for Rebels", and the whole "dispel on crit" thing, and the whole "bringing so much extra attack and health for rebels" thing, you have the fanboy "R2 and Luke!" thing. Gotta have R2!

I think you have to include Ahsoka Tano (Fulcrum) here. Basic attack is already high + protection up will be pretty amazing on counters. I would get SO annoyed fighting with her countering all the time and giving a huge 40% protection all over the place.

Not sure about the last two spots. Maybe Chaze? Chirrut has a decent enough basic, and Baze will do his normal Bazey stuff. So they wouldn't bring counter damage, but they'd bring more survivability.

Maybe Wiggs instead? Or is having Wedge is a non-leader role a waste?

Ezra for spot 4? After a few turns his extra offense will be amping up his basic damage, and the occasional double tap will start really hurting.

Cassian - his basic is (surprisingly) high, it has buff immunity on it, and his aoe debuffs will feed the turn meter gain if resisted.
^^ This is actually interesting. Let's say one enemy resists 3 possible debuffs. Is that 15% TM gain for each debuff resisted, or 5% for the enemy, regardless of how many he resisted?

I hate to say it, but Pao might be good here. Lots of basic attacks going off to lower his cooldowns (are they even any good???), and lots of potential double and triple attacks. I still won't run someone who appeared in a movie for 5 seconds, though.

How about Kanaan? He'd have 100% counter chance (his 70% + Luke's 50) with Offense Down thrown in. Plus you'd almost want a resist so everybody gets 5% TM!

Man, there will be a LOT of options. I think, after reviewing, my theorycrafted team would be ...

Luke (l), R2D2, ATF, Cassian, Kanaan

How about you?
  • Most rebels won't be much viable on a counter team for two reasons: They're lacking of survivability or basic damages. A counter team needs tough toons cause you can't counter much once you're dead.

For my part i only see a few toons in such team:

- Han Solo (raid) since he's already a counter character and deals huge damages on a low TM character, he also has interesting buffs and decent (even if low) survivability.
    - Fulcrum since she'll buff her team if she can spam her basic and deals huge damages on her basic too. With a regular shield buff she could be extremely annoying on a counter team. She also can deal humongous damages and then help killing fast enough opponents in such team.
    - Biggs Enough survivability, an assist and most importantly, nice basic damages plus TM when hit by a critical will make him annoying as hell on a counter team. He'll basically hit twice and refresh his assist like crazy when focus.
    - Ezra The guy is lethal, a dispell and one of the best assist (especially on a support team) combined with the most lethal basic around... He could do wonder under a Luke lead. He has decent protection too.
    - R2 The little droid is pretty much mandatory on any rebel team anyway. He synergizes well with Fulcrum and Luke too.

Interesting minor adds:

- Hoth rebel scout, 25%TM to the party upon basic, hell yeah !
    - Cassian for a huge Luke & Fulcrum synergy on a rebel team.

I'm only wondering if one needs a tank and heal on such team, R2 can help with diversion and counter usually allow huge starting damages especially against AoE teams. You only have to deal with EP party stun and Maul party confuse.
    Thanks to Luke most tanks won't taunt much and maybe one should think about a Luke/Boba duo since we could have two toons who don't care much about them anyway (nice team to deal with Nihilus meta).

Other toons won't be much interesting i guess, Leia could have been lethal but she's stealthy (and thus not much focused) and can't stand much a hit.

My bets are Luke (l) Fulcrum, R2, Chaze on a tougher team.
    Or something like Luke (l) Fulcrum, Han Solo, Ezra, Cassian (or Biggs), R2 on a more suicidal party. If Baze dispells your R2's smoke screen i'm pretty sure he won't survive a turn with all of this counter-attacks anyway.

Or just throw a zSavage or a zylo in on a non full rebel team to make him tank with R2 help in a worst case scenario.
  • CLS(L), Sabine(duh), zAhsoka(potentially once she is 7*), Chaze/Old Ben with Leia
  • How about a "machine gun" counter attack team under Luke?

Like... Leia, Pao, Sabine & ?

You would probably want a tank of some sort... but think of all the bonus attacks Gar could bring in that last spot!

Probably not practical... but sounds fun at least :)
  • Counter team.... strictly counters. 2 tanks 3 attackers might be a fun team.
    Lead CLS 100%
    Kanan Jarus 120% (70+50 Luke lead. )
    K2so 147.6% (97.6+50)
    Han Solo 85% (35% before rework+50)
    (I'd go R2 for support next but keeping it strictly counter)
    Hoth rebel soldier 90% (40+50)

• I'm still thinking R-2 Raid Han Leia and STH. Have r-2 go 1st giving passive taunt to STH. Now if they want to get rid of that stealth they will be taking hard hits from some tough basics. If not they feed the STH TM machine.

It could be a similar team with OB instead of STH.

Lastly it coul be Luke r-2 Ahsoka Chaze. Since why wouldn't it be.