Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Thoughts on T3-M4

I haven’t read much on the little support Droid, and the few things I’ve read show exactly zero fanfare. However, most players posting in the forums still seem to place an unwarranted focus on Arena-worthiness, not overall value.

I’m currently building a JTR/Droid team specifically for TW defense. I like using unique comps and really maximizing my roster for TW, and I think T3 has a really nice home there for these reasons.

I’m currently leveling a team with JTR, BB8, R2D2, L3-37, and T3-M4. The composition has tested rather favorably in GW. I already have “homes” for IG88, Chopper, Thrawn, Enfyss, and all other Resistence toons (that you might otherwise pair with JTR).

BB8, L3, and T3 all have decent droid healing abilities, and I think T3’s Combat Logic Upgrade zeta could really subsidize the otherwise lacking dps for this squad (droids gain 8% Crit Damage for each debuff on all enemies).

I think this team could really catch some players by surprise, and if it can successfully defend once, the preloaded TM should prove a formidable obstacle to overcome.

So, is there anybody out there with a g12, zeta’d T3-M4 that could either confirm or deny its usefulness? Any other thoughts on the subject also appreciated. Thanks!
  • "Smapty;c-1694405" wrote:
    He’s a key component in the current target lock Revan buster droid team....

He boosts the droids performance quite a bit and adds some nice utility to the squad...

A very niche character... but he plays his role very well

Yeah, he definitely improves any droid team, especially with his zeta's. Honestly I'm amazed they gave him not just one zeta but 2.. on a character that's very niche and only works with other droids since they neutered his effectiveness with Kotor toons for some reason and made him droid focused. (yes I'm still bitter they were lazy with the ability names and their effects ;D T3 played a role as vital as R2D2 in the games, the reason Revan did anything as well as Surik was because of him). At least Hk is with him :D

Basically the way I see it, any droid team now has to have T3 in it. Making up a droid team myself with him, HK, IG6, ect. Can't wait to test it out.
  • Lets call a spade a spade

In general droids stink. Ever since grevious was released withno zetas it has been evident there is zero effort toward a droid team that is decent. Who knows why they do not care but facts are FACTS.

Any lead R2 L3 T3 BB8 just blows. So many videos about how 86 and B2 are so underpowered.

I laugh at revan buster droid team. Jawas can beat Revan he is so bad on D.

A SINGLE zeta on grevious to give droids 100 percent offence and it still would not be enough.
  • IMO, Defense Penetration negates Defense in 1:1 ratio.
    If you haven't noticed, Defense is presented in integer in swgoh.gg, but in the swgoh game's character Stats, Defense is presented in percentage. Same thing applies to Critical Chance as well IIRC.
    So, if a character with 80% Def is attacked by 50% Def Pen, only 30% Def will be in effect. That's my assumption.
  • "TheBloodyTongue;c-1694636" wrote:
    IMO, Defense Penetration negates Defense in 1:1 ratio.
    If you haven't noticed, Defense is presented in integer in swgoh.gg, but in the swgoh game's character Stats, Defense is presented in percentage. Same thing applies to Critical Chance as well IIRC.
    So, if a character with 80% Def is attacked by 50% Def Pen, only 30% Def will be in effect. That's my assumption.

That seems over the top, that would essentially mean that T3 makes all droids entirely ignore everyone's defence, the way I see it is 100% means you ignore half of the defence someone has, at least that sounds more balanced anyway. so 80% against 50% pen would mean you go up against 60% armour... at least, if its done like that :p