Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Thrawn-lead Team Need Help Choosing

Hey. I'm currently gearing up my three main empire chars (Thrawn, DT, ShT) and want to know who to put as the final 2, I have too many options. DN and GK are good options, as far as empire, I have TFP and EP I can also throw in there. Boba/Rex maybe? Idk. My swgoh.gg link is in my signature, was hoping you could help me. Also, is a G10 DT and ShT enough to compete in arena?
  • I'm running Thrawn, ShT, DT, GK and Tarkin. I've tried both Tarkin (zeta on lead) and Thrawn lead but Thrawn is better due to the offense and protection bonuses but also the TM gain. And ShT can also directly cleanse when CLS put buff immunity.
    Tarkin helps in there for the offense and CC down and TM reduction. His AoE triggers counter, but due to the debuff, ShT or GK can resist pretty well. Krennic will nevertheless be a better choice but you would need him 7* due to his low HP.
    EP is not a choice since he can be one shot by CLS who ignores taunt. I've also tried him but he didn't make a turn.
  • "BulYwif;c-1272863" wrote:
    I'm running Thrawn, ShT, DT, GK and Tarkin. I've tried both Tarkin (zeta on lead) and Thrawn lead but Thrawn is better due to the offense and protection bonuses but also the TM gain. And ShT can also directly cleanse when CLS put buff immunity.
    Tarkin helps in there for the offense and CC down and TM reduction. His AoE triggers counter, but due to the debuff, ShT or GK can resist pretty well. Krennic will nevertheless be a better choice but you would need him 7* due to his low HP.
    EP is not a choice since he can be one shot by CLS who ignores taunt. I've also tried him but he didn't make a turn.

So Krennic better than Tarkin, what about Veers?
  • "GGYY;c-1272946" wrote:
    "BulYwif;c-1272863" wrote:
    I'm running Thrawn, ShT, DT, GK and Tarkin. I've tried both Tarkin (zeta on lead) and Thrawn lead but Thrawn is better due to the offense and protection bonuses but also the TM gain. And ShT can also directly cleanse when CLS put buff immunity.

Usually, CLS removes ShT's taunt first. When Veers play in defense, he will do his AoE who will trigger 4-5 counters and can kill your Veers easily.
  • "BulYwif;c-1272951" wrote:
    "GGYY;c-1272946" wrote:
    "BulYwif;c-1272863" wrote:

Usually, CLS removes ShT's taunt first. When Veers play in defense, he will do his AoE who will trigger 4-5 counters and can kill your Veers easily.

Yes, but usually my Thrawn would debuffs ShT and heal his protection after that, so he can taunt and give crit immunity. Tarkin has an aoe as well, though he's probably more survivable due to his debuffs and high defenses.
  • It's not about offense, it's defense that matters. Tarkin is careless with AoE on AI, it takes him about 3-4 turns tu amp his potency-fueled defense high enough, before that he gets blasted away by counters.
  • "C1pher_Five;c-1275455" wrote:
    It's not about offense, it's defense that matters. Tarkin is careless with AoE on AI, it takes him about 3-4 turns tu amp his potency-fueled defense high enough, before that he gets blasted away by counters.

Tarkin is surprisingly strong when he's countered. Usually, I start with Fracture, CLS put buff immunity on ShT, DT plays (AoE or not, depends on the situation, but I try to stun R2), and Tarkin plays, so I use Intimidation Tactics and plays his AoE right after. He has +130% defense due to IT and my potency. With a zeta on him, it would be +230% defense. IT also reduces the offense.
    Veers don't have this chance and when I used him, he was killed quickly.
    @GGYY Even if you restore protection and taunt on ShT, CLS ignores taunt and he can easily kill Veers by himself.
  • My Thrawn squad

I went after the solid gold squad on the right

Left only their Fulcrum standing