Forum Discussion

8 years ago

What determines who goes first?

This has puzzled me, what makes a toon go first in arena or galactic war. I run a team with at least three 220ish speed but constantly don't go first.

I understand leader abilities and took that in account. But rex, phasma, jyn leads don't give speed boost and I checked their speeds.

Is it just random and I'm getting unlucky draws. Or is something amiss in the equation in the game?
  • There was NO damage to my officer but completely wiped my emp before my first turn. My Emp has 219 speed. And my tank (fot) had no shields by my first turn.

I do think there is some RNG going on that isn't stated by devs.
    crzydroid
    Seasoned Traveler
    "Honrinedc;c-1223802" wrote:
    There was NO damage to my officer but completely wiped my emp before my first turn. My Emp has 219 speed. And my tank (fot) had no shields by my first turn.

I do think there is some RNG going on that isn't stated by devs.

Every speed/tm question posted on here has been explained by mechanics. There was something missed here. Next time you fight that team, try to get a video, and make sure you record the exact speeds of everyone on both sides.
  • First Order Officer starts with a special that gives 100% tm to another character. If he gave the tm to Kylo, he opens with an aoe that gives first order 25% tm. So effective speeds for the other 3 are 1.25x their speed. If the tm was given to phasma, she uses victory march, which is 50% tm.
  • Also, FOST taunts to start which gives allies 25% tm. So as long as FOO didn't give the tm to FOTP, anyone with a speed of 183 would go before your 227 FOO