Forum Discussion

7 years ago

What to do with Grey Mods?

I thought that part of the new mod system was going to be to make grey mods useful. I thought there was going to be some way to break them down or combine them to make them into something meaningful. Clearly, I misunderstood or misread, or whatever. I was wrong.

What do you all do with your 5-dot, grey (E-level) mods? I have thought about loading up my low level toons just to get them out of my inventory while increasing my GP, but the idea of all of that work seems unappealing for little to no gain.

Let me know!
-Z
  • It depends how you like your gambling. Do like gambling multiple times, two of which with the same precious crystal-based energy refreshes?

Either:

A - farm mods until you get decent ones that you actually want, gambling once each sim to do so. Then only spend credits on the ones you want.

Or

B - farm mods until you get random unknown stat grey mods, gambling once each sim to do so. Then gamble on upgrading at least to level 12 each mod to see if you get speed. Then, go back and spend more mod energy gaining slicing salvage, gambling once each sim to do so. Then, gamble on whether speed will roll once, twice, three times or never.

I go with A. Then, when I choose to actually bother slicing, it's already a great mod and I only have to slice up to purple, gold, or 6*.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,720 PostsLatest Activity: 2 days ago