Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Who chose GG ship over GK?

How many chose to stop starring GK negotiator and farm GG ship?

What was your thinking for doing it? Better ship? Better in arena?
  • Only went for the Malevolence and I love it. 40 shards away from 7*. At the time my decision to go with the Mal was made it was an easy one as my GG was r7 and GK was g9; though they are both r7 now. I didn’t start running them until my Vulture was at 6*, 7 now. Hyena is at 5* and replaced my HT pretty early on. I’m running droids as the starting 3 and Geonosians as the reinforcements. I’ve been quite happy with the results so far. The only cap ship that gives me any issues is the Negotiator, and I think that’s more related to the pilots on the other side, and the AI will usually try to take out IG2k pretty early.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "TheRHOMBUS;c-2043659" wrote:
    Can a weak Sep fleet with a 5* Mal still beat GK with R7 Ships?

5* Malevolence, yes. Weak fleet? Probably not, but maybe.
    Persimius
    Seasoned Traveler
    "TheRHOMBUS;c-2043673" wrote:
    Weak fleet= 5* Hyena + 6* Vulture + G12.5 Geos.

Probably, but there will be some RNG. I run all my pilots at r5 with 6* Hyena and 7* Vulture. There is only 1 fleet that I "struggle" with, because his fleet is full r7 and the speeds can mess me up.
  • "TheRHOMBUS;c-2043673" wrote:
    Weak fleet= 5* Hyena + 6* Vulture + G12.5 Geos.

Yes, this fleet will beat GK w/ R7 ships. Your GG will need to be R7 to do it but I had this same fleet at the beginning and was climbing to #1 rather comfortably
  • There are probably 1 or 2 more Sep ships we don't have yet. Rebels and GR both have full fleets
    Vice_Torn
    Seasoned Newcomer
    I think GK's ship and fleet is better.... Especially if you already have the ships/pilots at 7star + Relics...

GG's ship is at a disadvantage to 7star GK fleets, unless you have It and the droid ships at 7star. The main problem is you have no way to deal with HT unless you have those ships 7star. Their are options once you have them 7star.

I have only farmed malevolence, And will have it 7star after next TB (I missed one TB). If you already have GK's ship unlocked I would not switch paths to farm GG's.
  • I need 15 more shards for 7* Malevolence. I have no regrets. I hit #1 daily and fall to 7-10 until I climb again. I have no issues with any of the GK ships in my shard.

I’m glad I went for it as well as it should help in TB (fix the bug CG) once I do get it to 7*. We’re at 28 stars as a guild so every little bit helps us. Whereas I have plenty of time for Negotiator to matter in LSGeoTB as it’s just a deployment game right now anyway.

I’d say go for whichever you have the best supporting fleet for. This is a diverse meta right now.
  • I have a 7* negotiator with all key pilots r5-r7 and it blazes through any team in under a minute. Now my one shardmate has a 6* malevolence and he can do the same to me so really there was no bad choice to be made. Only difference is the malevolence is a little more susceptible to AA fleets while a 7* negotiator *can* be a little tougher to take out. As most others pointed out I went with what I had the best pilots for though it was kinda a coin toss ass my separatist are all relicd as well

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.

22,724 PostsLatest Activity: 7 years ago