Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Who should I farm in Cantina?

This is my first post in the forums (please be gentle o:)) , I am however not new to the forums and have lurked around here and gained some invaluable information.

The question is quite basic but I suppose I should give it greater context. Prior to the update, like most others I was farming Dooku to 7* and he is currently only 5* (170 shards from max). I feel as if Kylo and Barris will offer more utility in the current meta and therefore might be more worthwhile to farm, however I've only got 1/80 and 16/80 shards respectively and will consequently take me a lot longer to farm to 7*.

I suppose the question is do I see out my Dooku project (seeing as I've already invested a lot into it I may as well complete it) or abandon it entirely for the one of the other two (who appear to be useful enough for me to ignore my Dooku's development).

Current Squad
7* Gear IX Max Abilities - Yoda, GS
7* Gear VIII Max Abilities - Poggle, Lumi, QGJ, Sid, JC, Phasma
7* Gear VIII - Windu, EK, IG86
5* G VIII Max Abilities - RG

Currently farming StH (arena), Fives (cantina ship), Rey & RG (hard nodes).

Additionally; not sure whether I should farm Fives or Daka in shipments. Fives looks to be so much more useful than Daka in this meta, but still not entirely sold on him either. Any advice or critiques would be much appreciated
  • "Dani_PvP;308078" wrote:
    Lando with your Phasma... ;)

Haha, I take it you're against the meta? Lando does look interesting though, I'll give you that!
  • "fthbraveway;308210" wrote:
    now you cant farm kylo ren

Are they removing him from the Cantina? It still says I can obtain his shards from 4-C & 6-C
  • "darth_suicune;309473" wrote:
    Barris will help you substantially if you have trouble in GW. Daka is almost needed for the tier 4 AGI challenge. If you have troubles with GW/AGI, I'd first at least unlock them for those tasks, and then go back to Fives and Dooku. He's still very useful, and even if he drops slightly in lead usage, he's one of the best anti-jedi units.

I probably should have mentioned that I unlocked Daka through a bronzium, I use her a lot of the AGI challenge and is still great at 4*. I regularly complete GW with ease using my maxed Lumi & JC so that's not really an issue. I think I'll continue to farm Dooku and Fives (mostly for Arena). Thanks! :)

• "Mesutmerised;311908" wrote:
    "darth_suicune;309473" wrote:
    Barris will help you substantially if you have trouble in GW. Daka is almost needed for the tier 4 AGI challenge. If you have troubles with GW/AGI, I'd first at least unlock them for those tasks, and then go back to Fives and Dooku. He's still very useful, and even if he drops slightly in lead usage, he's one of the best anti-jedi units.

I probably should have mentioned that I unlocked Daka through a bronzium, I use her a lot of the AGI challenge and is still great at 4*. I regularly complete GW with ease using my maxed Lumi & JC so that's not really an issue. I think I'll continue to farm Dooku and Fives (mostly for Arena). Thanks! :)

If you're doing AGI with JC/Lumi then I would be surprised to learn you are doing t4 yet. Daka's stun comes with an attack buff that drops Savage and her stun is a requirement at t4 to keep him from murderspamming your team.

Spread some love to Dooku by farming him in light and dark side battles, but I'd pump Bariss or Kylo depending on your bent. If you focus on GW, Barris. If Arena is more your thing, get Kylo up to snuff.
  • "Tiggerz;312211" wrote:
    "Mesutmerised;311908" wrote:
    "darth_suicune;309473" wrote:

If you're doing AGI with JC/Lumi then I would be surprised to learn you are doing t4 yet. Daka's stun comes with an attack buff that drops Savage and her stun is a requirement at t4 to keep him from murderspamming your team.

Spread some love to Dooku by farming him in light and dark side battles, but I'd pump Bariss or Kylo depending on your bent. If you focus on GW, Barris. If Arena is more your thing, get Kylo up to snuff.

I do Tier IV of the AGI challenge using: Phasma (L) 7* G8 / JC 7* G8 / Yoda 7* G9 / Daka 4* G7 / Ventress 5* G8. I very rarely lose using this team and I'm not feeling the pinch with having a below standard Daka

What I'm currently farming;
    Hard Nodes - Dooku, RG, Rey, Fives
    Cantina Shipments - Fives
    Cantina Nodes - Dooku
    Arena - StHan
    GW - Unlocking all characters and starring them up equally (I've maxed Lumi, Phasma, Poggle & 86, and I feel as if those are the only useful ones in there currently).

I want to max Dooku as quickly as possible (149 shards from 7*) then I'll move on to Kylo. Thanks for the advice!
  • You should get Old Ben, then when they fix his leadership next patch you can be dude using the other old guy that makes everyone good at dodging.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 days ago