Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Who to use with Ackbar's new Omicron?

I'm not sure how much use Ackbar's new Omicron will be. To make the best use of it, you want Rebals who have non-Attack abilities and who aren't already assigned to a better traditional squad. So anyone who normally goes with CLS is pretty much out. There is no advantage in putting any of Phoenix under Ackbar instead of Hera. Same for Rebel Fighters are Mon Mothma. And the traditional Rogue One Squad probably all still work best in that Squad.
We're kiinda running out of cnadidates here ...
So far, I've got;
Bistan (Frenzy doesn't count as an attack)
Bodhi Rook (his Intercept Communications isn't an attack, anyone know if his Spotter counts?)
Captain Han Solo (Hunker Down and Search And Rescue are not attacks)
Hoth Rebel Soldier (his Hold The Line ability isn't an attack)
Lobot (Optimise isn't an attack)
Pao (Sa'kalla isn't an attack)
Stormtrooper Han (Draw Fire isn't an attack)
Putting a decent Grand Arena squad together out of that lot is going to be tricky.
Maybe as a defensive squad with Ackbar, Stormtrooper Han, Captain Han, Pao and Bistan??
  • Leia and chaze seem irreplaceable for what they bring.
    The last can be STH (crazy Tm cool downs on his taunt), CHS (2 non attacks and fast revives on cool down) or Fulcrum (extra buffs from basic and high damage cycles).
    All others look meh.
  • The omicron opens up new levels of machine gun leia, as by manipulating the team health and protection, you can guarantee that she will assist, and get to offense up much faster with her second stealth.
  • Oh also, if the background copies of crit chance up that she is handing out all count as expiring separately then that will make a big difference to the effect of this omicron.
  • "StAugJames;c-2332184" wrote:
    Don’t waste your omicron on this ability. There are better ones out there.

What I am thinking is, most of omicron abilities, are not going to change the game, and not intend to do.

If you like the char, have him/her geared, then omicron is just a choice to power the char further, so they become a viable choice in certain game mode.
  • Against a Sith team, Visas on an Ackbar team can cause some crazy assist trains before the omicron. A bit niche for an omicron though.

Edit: of course I forgot the whole "rebel" aspect of the omicron. Nvm.
    perfidius44
    Rising Newcomer
    "Darth_Etern4l;c-2332455" wrote:
    "Ascetic_Monkfish;c-2332419" wrote:
    If anyone outsped your oZam-boosted BH team then you didn’t use it properly. Keep it on offence for 65 banners against anything non-GL.
    And Dash’s is truly transformational for Scoundrels.

“Omega value”….? Not even slightly

See that's the thing. BHs are one of the most standard defense teams. Everybody has a BH team with Kuil on defense in Kyber1.
    And with Zam's omicron, you now need to pull it from defense, to get value from the omicron.

Dash's is great, unless your opponent knows how to kill a Dash team.

Most of my guildmates are in k1 and some post the defense they face on discord. I’ve never seen a BH team with Kuil. Quite interesting though.

• "Starslayer;c-2332459" wrote:
    "Darth_Etern4l;c-2332455" wrote:
    "Ascetic_Monkfish;c-2332419" wrote:
    If anyone outsped your oZam-boosted BH team then you didn’t use it properly. Keep it on offence for 65 banners against anything non-GL.
    And Dash’s is truly transformational for Scoundrels.

“Omega value”….? Not even slightly

See that's the thing. BHs are one of the most standard defense teams. Everybody has a BH team with Kuil on defense in Kyber1.
    And with Zam's omicron, you now need to pull it from defense, to get value from the omicron.

Dash's is great, unless your opponent knows how to kill a Dash team.

Most of my guildmates are in k1 and some post the defense they face on discord. I’ve never seen a BH team with Kuil. Quite interesting though.

I’ve never seen it either
  • "Liquid_Hippie024;c-2334660" wrote:
    Bodhi, cap'n han, fulcrum, and pLeia. Good buffs all around to keep the TM flowing. Plus cap'n han will act as a tank (kinda) due to his constant Health up from his assists (not to mention his revive and heals will provide durability for the squad). PLeia just got her Omi too, and it'd compliment that squad Quite well.

Bodhi's all skills are attacking skill, and will not trigger AA's ldr/omi.

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,717 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago