Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Yeah no, Mara Jade is gonna be another wet noodle slapper

Based off of the numbers on swgoh.gg her skills all have a damage modifier of 1 and her special damage, at G13, is just under 3500. That is W E A K damage.

Matter of fact, comparing AoE skills by modifier and offense stats, Magmatrooper has more damage than Mara Jade.

And we have seen first-hand how unimpressive Loyal Hand is as an offense booster with Talon. Even with almost 20 stacks she can barely land one 50k crit on her hardest hitting Ability, which has a modifier of over 3, meaning Mara Jade's damage is 3 times weaker.

Attackers being advertised for high damage only to be out-performed by Magmatrooper... let's face it, she is a support and should be tagged as one.

I am very disappointed because I really looked forward to her.
  • "MilHanso;c-2321686" wrote:
    "Whatelse73;c-2321577" wrote:
    "MilHanso;c-2321330" wrote:
    "Legend91;c-2321321" wrote:
    If she hits like a wet noodle, so what? I couldn't care less about what tags CG gives the characters - I'm gonna mod and use them the way I want.
    Idc if Talon hits like a wet noodle and I'm gonna mod her for speed + survivability and plug her into a SEE (offense + survival boost), Traya (survival boost) or DR (speed boost) team.
    Maras 2nd special is crazy good for Palp - who cares if her dmg might be lackluster?

I think the same as you. People complain a lot here... Stop playing the game if it's so **** awful as you say.

If you think the complaints are so awful, why come here to read them?

These are valid concerns from CUSTOMERS. I spend money on this game. If something isn't right, or they say something that doesn't happen or is totally wrong, I have the right to complain. (i.e., Galactic Legends being buffed to become more Legendy in August, which didn't happen.)

There's a common thread with this and it's as if they are testing these characters with their Relic 9 accounts and saying, "oh look at the damage she does. Awesome!" That's not 99.99% of the player-base's rosters are configured. These are at best, serious miscommunications and at worst, purposefully deceptive statements.

You may always stop spending and playing the game too, you know?!

That's such a simplistic and unfair comment that you yourself wouldn't do.

You'd feel the same way if you bought an online only PS5 that wouldn't connect to the internet and Sony said "it is what it is. deal with it?" You'd just trash the PS5 and move onto an Xbox without complaining? I find that very hard to believe and you shouldn't suggest people do something you wouldn't do yourself.
  • "TargetEadu;c-2321713" wrote:
    "Abyss_003;c-2321553" wrote:
    So I have a TW question based on her Omnicron. After reading it, she seems like an anti-GAS.
    Start of turn, she wipes out the enemy leader’s protection (In my example, GAS) so she would make GAS kneel immediately. She then reduces max HP by 50% permanently so when GAS eventually gets back up, his protection is halved.
    Agreements? Counter-points?

So I guess my question is will GAS get a rework based on Mara’s TW ability or is this the intent?

I’m pretty sure that’s what the idea is for Mara. Keep in mind that SEE can remove GAS’s protection bar entirely: Mara’s ability is nice, but not gamebreaking.

It’s sort of interesting how some Omicrons (Boba, QGJ, Dash) elevate a team to almost GL level and others (Chirpa, Sidious) are just decent buffs.

Yeah, I agree with your point about SEE. I guess my only counterpoint there is that SEE is a GL so I expect a level of un-fairness there. Whereas with Mara, she’s instantly available if you have 20 Omnis.

Ah well, guess I might not ever be setting my GAS on TW def again then. At least it’s not GAC also so there’s a slight bright side.
  • "StewartH;c-2321718" wrote:
    "MilHanso;c-2321686" wrote:
    "Whatelse73;c-2321577" wrote:
    "MilHanso;c-2321330" wrote:
    "Legend91;c-2321321" wrote:
    If she hits like a wet noodle, so what? I couldn't care less about what tags CG gives the characters - I'm gonna mod and use them the way I want.
    Idc if Talon hits like a wet noodle and I'm gonna mod her for speed + survivability and plug her into a SEE (offense + survival boost), Traya (survival boost) or DR (speed boost) team.
    Maras 2nd special is crazy good for Palp - who cares if her dmg might be lackluster?

I think the same as you. People complain a lot here... Stop playing the game if it's so **** awful as you say.

If you think the complaints are so awful, why come here to read them?

These are valid concerns from CUSTOMERS. I spend money on this game. If something isn't right, or they say something that doesn't happen or is totally wrong, I have the right to complain. (i.e., Galactic Legends being buffed to become more Legendy in August, which didn't happen.)

There's a common thread with this and it's as if they are testing these characters with their Relic 9 accounts and saying, "oh look at the damage she does. Awesome!" That's not 99.99% of the player-base's rosters are configured. These are at best, serious miscommunications and at worst, purposefully deceptive statements.

You may always stop spending and playing the game too, you know?!

That's such a simplistic and unfair comment that you yourself wouldn't do.

You'd feel the same way if you bought an online only PS5 that wouldn't connect to the internet and Sony said "it is what it is. deal with it?" You'd just trash the PS5 and move onto an Xbox without complaining? I find that very hard to believe and you shouldn't suggest people do something you wouldn't do yourself.

While i agree.... a better anology would be:

If you bought a PS5 online only and it didnt play games in 4k but instead played them in 1080p regardless of the tv attached. Would you simply say oh well you got me sony and move to xbox or would you complain and want the unit fixed or replaced or refunded?

Basically mara jade plays in game she just doesnt do everything she was sold to you as being able to do.

Still good character, just not as advertised and had you known thay ahead of time.... you may have chosen differently with your wallet.

But again, you are 100% correct
  • I’m confused. I found one mention of damage here: Mara stacks lots of damage with Loyal Hand. Overall, her kit is also good for inflicting a lot of debuffs on her enemies.

And it’s immediately followed by talking about how “overall” = debuffs. Where are all these “advertisements” about her being a high damage attacker?
  • "Gifafi;c-2321822" wrote:
    I’m confused. I found one mention of damage here: Mara stacks lots of damage with Loyal Hand. Overall, her kit is also good for inflicting a lot of debuffs on her enemies.

And it’s immediately followed by talking about how “overall” = debuffs. Where are all these “advertisements” about her being a high damage attacker?

"Stacks impressive damage"
  • I whaled dash and kyle to relic lvl and they rocks.

Now these comments makes me want to try talon and mara jade.