Forum Discussion

8 years ago

zMaul advice

I just got a zeta on maul today and have jumped from 47 to 15 in arena. I've been running all sith...

Maul (l)
Vader
Palp
Nihilus
Savage

I'm wondering if on defense over night if I'd be better off replacing Vader or savage with shoretrooper? I don't have very good mods yet but I do have the 1 gear piece that I can take shire to g10. Any advice is highly appreciated!

https://swgoh.gg/u/drax77/
  • "Beck;972430" wrote:
    Is 4*DN + 3*SA max gear viable when playing together under Zaul lead ? or would be a target ?

I'd say it's perfectly viable. Star levels are only really of matter right now if you want them for raids.
  • "KeKattia;971803" wrote:

TL;DR: best Zaul teams have 3 other core members (Zavage, Assassin & Nihilus) and include a solid 5th spot depending on roster and play style.

Would B2 for trooper work to combat all of the Chaze squads? I'm usually top 5-10 and maybe 6 of those teams have Chaze and I struggle to get 1 because of them. I have Trooper and am working on B2 to hopefully get rid of these guys.

• B2 is critical against chaze/barriss/kenobi. Just remember not to use his aoe special too early...
  • "KeKattia;971803" wrote:

Trust me once Savage is at g9 it's rather easy to get him up, just today on my alt I got him from g8 5/6 to g9 5/6 without farming any gear, and trust me my alt does not have big reserves of gear.

You are right about Zavage, he definitely is a key component. Right now I have a fast SA, Dooku and EP along with an ok speed Nihilus on my Zaul squad. I can handily beat nearly everyone in my shard but vs fast rebel teams there is definitely a need to get Savage in place of Dooku for me. I haven't event unlocked him yet (soon) so it will still be a slog even if gearing is easy. Hopefully I can get it done soon.

Side note, SA at 7*/gear X is pretty fun to use even if she might be squishy

• "AirJedi22;973404" wrote:

Would B2 for trooper work to combat all of the Chaze squads? I'm usually top 5-10 and maybe 6 of those teams have Chaze and I struggle to get 1 because of them. I have Trooper and am working on B2 to hopefully get rid of these guys.

I haven't tried b2 since the first week I Zauled back in December, with Nihilus I can still get rid of Baze or GK taunt and otherwise I just let the buffs flow... my Assassin is 6* g11 with Crit Damage mods.. thanks to Nihilus unique Zeta she one-shoots pretty much any toon I want on her second electrocute, in case that wouldn't be enough I'd still have Trooper or Savage to drop those toons with full protection still.

SO the way I play it there is absolutely no need to worry about the buffs, I just leave them, they help Nihilus with Force drain cooldown anyway

About SWGOH Strategy & Tips

Share guides, tips, and tricks for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes, discuss Arena strats, and help new players get started.22,721 PostsLatest Activity: 27 days ago