Forum Discussion

KDC99-X
New Rookie
2 years ago

Zorri Nerf

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about this: I feel like Zorii Bliss could use a nerf, or at least a "no GL" clause.

She cost me my second matchup of last week's bracket.. swgoh.gg shows a 77% success rate against her with CLS (with the specific team comp I was facing: OG Finn, OG Poe, omiRose, Resistance Trooper, omiZorii), so I ran my CLS squad which is pretty decent, and there were thicc crons on both side. She absolutely curb stomped my CLS without breaking a sweat. Then my Wampa with prot up DC (hail mary attempt), and even SEE with WT. I also just watched a Songeta video from a month where she annihilated a JKR/JKL squad and even LV. (She had the Zorii DC in that video.) And none of these battles were even close, at all. Took JMK to take her out.

Why does Traya get the axe against (dark side) GLs immediately, but a marquee character is allowed to persist at this power level? If anything, Traya should be at a higher power level, and it seems inconsistent for Zorii plus a bunch of old characters to be this OP in the meta.

Aside from whether or not you think she should be nerfed, general ideas and suggestions for accessible counters would be appreciated. It currently looks like the main non-GL teams that have any kind of consistent good win rate against Zorii are Aphra, SK, or Reva (unfortunately can't factor in DC impact from swgoh.gg). I have SK but usually I need him on anti-GL duty, as well as SEE.