Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Editing world causes problems?

I would like to edit legacy island 3. I mostly want to swap out some of the rabbit holes for others from store worlds and town life stuff. But that would mean I'd sometimes bulldoze the lot and change the lot sizes or place smaller lots in the place of a big one. I'd also need to find a place to place the grim manor.

I have read that this can cause some problems in game. So does it? I don't want to bulldoze and place lots and end up with a very broken game.

Thank you ^^

Edit: is it true that rabbit holes with multiple functions causes issues with the opportunities?
  • "TreyNutz;c-16468061" wrote:
    I often do that in the worlds I play. But I only bulldoze and replace 2-3 lot grids total. I try to minimize changing lot sizes because that can reportedly cause routing issues. Adding lots to the world usually doesn't cause me any issues, but I try to minimize that too.

Yes, combo rabbit holes have issues with opportunities. NRaas Overwatch fixes this issue. edit: I don't know if Overwatch fixes the games issue with the Athletic career.

Thank you. I was mostly planning on replacing some of the rabbit holes with those from roaring heights.

I have overwatch so then I don't have to worry about the combo rabbit holes except maybe adding a stadium.
  • "06Bon06;c-16468063" wrote:
    "Rflong7;c-16468059" wrote:
    Hi :)
    Yes, it Can cause routing problems to delete the lot or add lots but not always. It's like rolling dice. :)

Iirc- the school/athletics has a problem with not winning games. I haven't played Athletics is a while but I read about it.

Ahh thanks. I was going to use beach city but the kraken doesn't want to attack there XD. And I might want an evil sim that uses a kraken minion.

So it might be a good idea to save as before I start editing and then see if my game hates it.

Edit: I don't know if you remember but there is an object next to the junkyard. I wanted to remove the object and add a lot there and then replace the junkyard lot with 2 or 3 smaller lots and a smaller junkyard.

I've had problems getting the kraken to attack in any world other than Isla Paradiso. I read somewhere it was because the water wasn't deep enough anywhere else. I even gave my sim the "friend of the kraken" reward but still nothing.

• I've not had issues with editing worlds unless I went too far with it in one session without exiting the game.I would tend to limit the edits in a game to just a few at a time.
  • "TadOlson;c-16468739" wrote:
    I've not had issues with editing worlds unless I went too far with it in one session without exiting the game.I would tend to limit the edits in a game to just a few at a time.

Good to hear ^^
  • "cwaddell;c-16469124" wrote:

Removing trees, rocks and other obstacles from the open map (not on a lot) can cause routing problems if an NPC, etc happens to be spawned in one of those empty spots.

Thanks! I won't remove any of those then. I actually did in a previous game but it was kinda laggy from the start for some reason even before that.