Forum Discussion

2 years ago

Roommate Problems

So I made a perfect, separate place for my future roomies. I made sure they had EVERYTHING. My Sim is a freegan/fabricator/maker etc. so she made or dumpster dove every single item that is available and upgraded EVERYTHING to perfect quality. She even made sure that the place is decorated - fabricated wall decor, put up paintings from the dumpster. She have a Retail Store and managed to get one of the most expensive paintings from the dumpster, yet she didn't sell it but put it up in the roomies place.

They have space to put their things on, 2 bathtubs, 3 shower, 4 toilets, 3 sinks, mirrors, 2 television, radio, computers, stove, fridge, table, comfy seats and sofas, rugs, plants, bookshelf with every possible skill book, chess table, guitar, painting easel, treadmill, etc. My Sim have the observant trait so she made sure they all have something for their traits/hobbies. My Sim even makes them excellent quality gourmet meals and cleans their place.

It was fine for like 3 days.

Then I can't believe what happened: One of them managed to pee herself in front of their door, then passed out because she was exhausted and when she woke up just continued to stand there, complaining that she have to pee AGAIN, and obviously was covered in dirt but refused to go inside and take a shower, pee and go to sleep. Then I just noticed that the second roommate was covered in dirt as well and had to pee. Only the third one had enough brain to sleep during this ordeal. My Sim quickly (bc she is a spellcaster too) cleaned the two dirty roomies with a spell and cleaned a bit, then called them to have some food (no one grabbed a serving, even tho they complained about being hungry as well).

Then of course I've got the notification from the self-peeing, dirty girl that her needs are not met.

My question is: What should I do? Their apartment is FULL with the things they need, I even allowed them to use my pool and garden, because one of them loves the outdoors.

Is this a huge bug or is there something I should give them? I still can't believe that with several fully functioning and upgraded toilet she managed to pee herself, and with all the bathtubs and showers they refuse to clean themselves.

The lovely girl who peed herself, my Sim cleaned her, but now she is dirty again and about to pee herself again.

And the other lovely roomie just dropped asleep in the kitchen when I called them to have a meal.

I know people usually complain about roommates and have problems, but it feels a bit extreme. :D I used to have roommates in my previous save files but they never behaved like this, and trust me, they had less things. Only one of them complained, but that was my fault because they only had one shower. So I added one more and he was happy and thanked me.

Update: now I have new Roommates. One of the girls got the best bed but stated that she can't sleep. I was so frustrated that even tho I wanted to fabricate or dumpster dove everything for the house I've bought the best bed for her. Guess what happened a few hours later? She said she's leaving and will get some sleep on a park bench. Is this a joke lol.
  • "SweetieWright_84;c-18301774" wrote:
    This sounds to me that they couldn't get to the things to fill their needs. I assume you used the roommate system and aren't controlling the roommates? Maybe try assigning beds and make sure doors are unlocked.

Apart from that, I don't know if it's a bug or not. I haven't played roommates in a few months. Everything worked as it should for me.

I playtested every bathroom, bed, etc. so they can access everything (plus I've seen them using everything, but sometimes it feels like they forgot how to pee or shower lol). Now that the latest complainer moved out they're all doing well. I hope this will stay like this. Also no, I don't control them. I just like to have roomies, I enjoy making their own separate place on my Sim's lot and for me it's fun to make sure that they all have nice things. The rent that they pay is not too much, but my Sim is already making a decent amount from her dumpster/handmade retail store so it's really just fun for me to have them.
  • "BethTS4;c-18302255" wrote:
    Thank you guys, but one of my new roomies just moved out because of the "bed situation". :D I don't understand this. But whatever, sleep on a bench girl if the fully upgraded expensive single bed is too bad for you haha.

She's a choosing beggar. As they say "You can't make everyone happy." Apparently it's even true in Sims. Her loss. :D
  • i have issues with the roommates all the time. they are hopelessly glitched. in my most recent play, i had one that just kept disappearing. one roommate worked fine but the other just vanished and their bed was no longer claimed. and i have had the problem you have described above as well. more than enough beds, bathrooms, food for everyone, but they still cant seem to solve their needs. i really hope they iron it out because i like the roommate feature for making hotels and bed and breakfast type lots
    SilentK008
    Seasoned Newcomer
    Not a roommate but I had the same experience of a cat that could not use an item.

The cat could not use the litter box no matter what I did. I placed it in the middle of a bare room, I bought different versions but nothing worked. The cat could stand next to the box but not use it. In the previous home the cat could use the litter box but it lost the ability in the move.
  • This sounds to me that they couldn't get to the things to fill their needs. I assume you used the roommate system and aren't controlling the roommates? Maybe try assigning beds and make sure doors are unlocked.

Apart from that, I don't know if it's a bug or not. I haven't played roommates in a few months. Everything worked as it should for me.
  • If the new roommates aren't having issues and can access everything, then maybe it was just a glitch. Glitches happen quite often. Usually a game restart helps with those.

I'm glad you got it all sorted out. Enjoy your new roommates. ?
  • Thank you guys, but one of my new roomies just moved out because of the "bed situation". :D I don't understand this. But whatever, sleep on a bench girl if the fully upgraded expensive single bed is too bad for you haha.
  • "Zeri;c-18302532" wrote:
    i have issues with the roommates all the time. they are hopelessly glitched. in my most recent play, i had one that just kept disappearing. one roommate worked fine but the other just vanished and their bed was no longer claimed. and i have had the problem you have described above as well. more than enough beds, bathrooms, food for everyone, but they still cant seem to solve their needs. i really hope they iron it out because i like the roommate feature for making hotels and bed and breakfast type lots

Oh yeah, the disappearing roommates! Same thing happened twice, but once her bed was still claimed (even tho she vanished without saying anything and the rent was only paid by the ones who still showed up at my Sims home) so I had no way to get a new roommate and assign the bed to them. I had to delete the bed and place a new one to solve the problem lol.
  • Oh this sucks! I was going to use the roommate feature soon, as I'm exploring the game and never used it before. Such a shame if it's bugged. :'(