Forum Discussion

IreneSwift
Seasoned Newcomer
9 years ago

Fireflies

Does anyone know which insect spawner spawns the less common fireflies? Around the time my sim mastered alchemy, another spawner appeared on her lot, in addition to the two alchemy spawners she'd had since she got her alchemy work station. This one says "Beetle Spawner - Lightning Bugs (5)" Since I grew up calling fireflies both lightning bugs and fireflies, I assumed it spawned fireflies. But the only insect it has ever spawned is light beetles.

My sim has made every elixir except the genie one, because I have never been able to find the blue and purple fireflies, only the red and green ones. No matter when I look, with the collection helper, I never find any except the yellow and green ones, anywhere. I'm wondering if something is not working as it should be. She's had the alchemy insect spawner on her lot ever since she got her alchemy station, but I've never seen any fireflies from it, either.
    IreneSwift
    Seasoned Newcomer
    @LaBlue0314 My sims does live in Moonlight Falls, so that's not a problem. She did have the opportunity already. I had forgotten, because it was so long ago.
  • There is a mod that I use that brings up those hard to find (including the Will-O-Wisp).
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=509778

The only place I have ever seen a purple and blue firefly in Moonlight Falls was near the hospital, but they don't show very often. Also if you can figure out which spawner releases them, you could place a few of them around to see if this would help. http://104.130.66.63/forum/index.php?topic=14408.0 Someone listed which firefly goes to which spawner.
  • I'm not sure it will work for the bug you are looking for specifically but one way I've obtained alot of elixir stuff is transmuting apples and gem dust, also, if you train a pet high enough to hunt for bugs and give them the lifetime reward they will bring home tons of rare bugs, from I think, any EP you have.