Forum Discussion

graceymanors
New Hotshot
6 years ago

How do you all deal with unwanted visitors?(including paparazzi)(Sims 3 only)

I am tired of random sims(and they aren't even paparazzi) showing up at my doorsteps at 3:30 in the morning.
Normally I ask them to leave, but I no longer get the "Ask to leave" option, so I either feed them to a cowplant XD or reset.How about you?
  • Paparazzi are usually turned off via NRaas: Register in my game but any sim outside of the household who bother me/get in the way will be swiftly reset. :p

@GraceyManor You posted this in the right place... It's just often people click on Discussions at the top that takes them to 'Recent Discussions' displaying threads from all different categories... Some assume any thread they click on is about S4 so thus the confusion here and there.
  • In my game in Aurora Skies my sim had a small lot with no house, just a couple of interesting interactive objects; and spent the rest of the time at the neighbors. I had enabled the celebrity system just for fun and placed the Door Of Life And Death on the lot - paparazzi's are drawned to it like flies and usually swatted by Grim when disturbing them with their annoying questions. And my sim, although usually very friendly and on best terms with all the townies, did behave like Björk when it came to nosy neighbors; very much encouraged by me and highly entertaining.

In another save a family with a teen had a big celebrity fence and once during a 'parents free vacation' and subsequent teen party the paparazzi's hanging outside just kept dying, they quickly caught on fire all three of them, one after the other - it was an awesome party. After that I disabled the celebrity system. Oh I forgot to say! The graves were still there and there were other paparazzis turning into zombies on full moon and all were howling and shuffling outside the gate - amazing game. Edit: Oh my, I am telling this all the wrong way, I remember what happened now: I had opened the gate because they started to smoke but it was too late and Grim came for one of them, but had a routing error in the doorway with another paparazzi that ended with that one dying too and the gate was still open when the moon showed up but zombies don't attack children anyway so I think they just joined the party - they already know the dance. I can’t stop laughing thinking about it now.

Other visitors are always welcome and can do what they want.