Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Melted Graphics Cards?

I recently downloaded the Sims 3 on my computer again and it crashed (to no surprise). On my old computer it would crash all the time but my new computer is a bit better though so I did a quick Google search to try and figure out why the game is so prone to crashing. Is it true that the game can literally melt your graphics card? Are vsync/frame rate limiters recommend, and how do they work/how do I install them (I'm not extremely tech savvy). My computer already has some issues and I recently replaced the hard drive, and I just want what is best for it. Any advice for making the game run smoother is appreciated, thank you!
  • Thanks ^.^ I just want to make sure the game doesn't kill my graphics card. I am planning on getting an external drive to make more room on my laptop. Just got back into the sims 3 and didn't mean to highjack the thread lol
  • It is possible although difficult to game on a 256 GB SSD such as yours, but you have to constantly watch over the free space and keep shifting things away from the C drive to make more room.

I can vouch for this.I currently only have the sims 3 installed, all my other games are installed on an external.I have 114 GB out of 236 left.And am constantly juggling things around, I miss my MSI LOL.
  • "igazor;c-17099968" wrote:
    "Celticgamer0;c-17099368" wrote:
    Thanks ^.^ I just want to make sure the game doesn't kill my graphics card. I am planning on getting an external drive to make more room on my laptop. Just got back into the sims 3 and didn't mean to highjack the thread lol

External drives are great for that. But again, you have a very roomy 1 TB second internal D drive that is not being used according to your dxdiag report. :)

@igazor you think my GTX 1050 Ti and i7 7700 with 16 GB ram enough to play all sims 3 EPs on highest settings? (with 1 GB store content) and few mods

(Sorry didnt wanna start another thread just for one question)