Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Playing Two Households Questions

Okay guys.. I have a question.. I am one of those micromanaging sim mums who will literally pause the game every time I get ready to queue up actions so no time is wasted and my sim never does anything without my knowing it (Very type A) and because of that I have never dared to switch active households because I don't want them doing things while I'm 'gone' from that household and ruining my storyline.

However, I have almost all of Twallan's mods and I have heard that using those you can heavily control what your other active household is allowed to do or not do.

Can someone tell me what options are best to choose and where to find those options if I want:

My non active household TO:

Continue improving skills
Continue going to work
Keep mood lets high
Not let pets be taken away

NOT to

Form any new relationships
Not to break up any relationships they already have
Not to get romantically involved
Not to quit their job and randomly go do .. something else.

Then, After I've set all the options as you guys recommend, how do I go about changing my active household and how do I get it back. And when I go to make my new active household how do I get back into CAS to create the sim for that one (either legally or through mods)

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!
  • So I checked. I do have EA's story progression enabled. When I uncheck it to let SP take over so it won't take the game so long to load all the life states get greyed out like pets, vampires etc. What does this mean? I'm still good to uncheck it right? Because SP takes care of all those life states and etc.?
  • So when I clicked into Set Speed it asked me to enter the speed (number) I want to run and it showed up with a zero (vs a 37.) So what should I insert? I was going to try either 23 like Igazor for 28 for a day and see if I like it and slow down skilling too and just put it back if I didn’t but I’m a bit thrown off because opening it to find 0 instead of 37 makes me confused on what’s wrong. Sorry I’m so dense!!
  • "Beck1590;c-16243027" wrote:
    So when I clicked into Set Speed it asked me to enter the speed (number) I want to run and it showed up with a zero (vs a 37.) So what should I insert? I was going to try either 23 like Igazor for 28 for a day and see if I like it and slow down skilling too and just put it back if I didn’t but I’m a bit thrown off because opening it to find 0 instead of 37 makes me confused on what’s wrong. Sorry I’m so dense!!

The Relativity Interactions page explains that setting. The default setting (0) is actually for intervals. You can set up intervals so that Relativity slows down sim-time during the day, but use a different value during the night when sims are sleeping. I don't use intervals myself; it's a bit too complicated for me. If you don't set up any intervals and leave Set Speed at hte default setting (0) then the game will run sim-time at the default speed (37).

"Beck1590;c-16243013" wrote:
    So I checked. I do have EA's story progression enabled. When I uncheck it to let SP take over so it won't take the game so long to load all the life states get greyed out like pets, vampires etc. What does this mean? I'm still good to uncheck it right? Because SP takes care of all those life states and etc.?

SP will handle most of that. If you want wild animals populations handled you'll need NRaas Register.
  • I've got NRaas story progession set to the snail speed and most big changes are managed manually while the daily lives are managed by the Mod.I've got the lifestates enabled in the game options and disabled immigration in story progression so I won't get the town flooded with a population overload.
  • I don't use intervals either. Just change the speed setting to 23 or 28 if you want to try that.

There seems to be some confusion on the story progression checkbox in Game Options.

If SP's progression is set to be in control, then it doesn't matter if the box is checked or not. SP's will take over.
    If SP's progression is not in control (switched off), then EA's progression will take over if the box is checked and there will be no progression if the box is unchecked.

Both systems cannot run at once. As for leaving the box checked causing longer startups, maybe a microsecond? I've never heard this before.
  • I've noticed that after loading the game and clicking play it takes a tad longer for mods to kick in and SP and Relativity notifications to show up if EA's story progression is enabled. Not a big deal but longer than a microsecond.
  • "TreyNutz;c-16244218" wrote:
    I've noticed that after loading the game and clicking play it takes a tad longer for mods to kick in and SP and Relativity notifications to show up if EA's story progression is enabled. Not a big deal but longer than a microsecond.

Oh, on that end. I'll have to try that myself to see if I can feel the difference.
  • "igazor;c-16244231" wrote:
    "TreyNutz;c-16244218" wrote:
    I've noticed that after loading the game and clicking play it takes a tad longer for mods to kick in and SP and Relativity notifications to show up if EA's story progression is enabled. Not a big deal but longer than a microsecond.

Oh, on that end. I'll have to try that myself to see if I can feel the difference.

Now I did say above, " it might take a touch longer to load the game." So not much of a difference. Since I can't play while the mods are loading I do consider it part of the save game loading times.