Forum Discussion

8 years ago

Store Expensive

Does anyone else think the sims 3 store needs to have prices dropped because i can't afford a world without paying 40$, And since sims 4 has been out for quite some time i don't see a reason for the store to be so expensive as if the sims 3 is still new plus there's no new content being put in the store so why keep it so expensive?
  • "Vulnn;c-15961116" wrote:
    If you buy a sims 3 game on steam then how does origin react to that

Origin, being more or less a firm of EA, doesn't care much as they still make a large profit...
  • "Lexers615;c-15963647" wrote:
    "Vulnn;c-15961116" wrote:

Origin, being more or less a firm of EA, doesn't care much as they still make a large profit...

Does origin identify it and allow me to download it from origin after steam?
  • "Vulnn;c-15966218" wrote:
    "Lexers615;c-15963647" wrote:

I do not personnally know for sure but from the comments steam based player said, no you can't... A steam code used on steam can't then be used on Origin....
    ajaxpost
    New Spectator
    "Vulnn;c-15966218" wrote:

Hi, not quite sure what you want to download through Origin after you've bought TS3 on Steam. Anyway, in case these offer any information that is useful to you:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15858512#Comment_15858512 - you may find it much simpler to buy everything in a Steam sale (especially as EA don't put TS3 on sale anymore!) but it appears that you do get Origin codes with a Steam purchase so could continue to use Origin. I believe you will need to have bought the base game on Steam before you can buy any other packs on Steam?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Steam-VS-Origin-VS-Discs/td-p/3135440 - the 'official' help page for Steam and Origin issues.

Apart from not needing to use Origin, one key benefit of installing and using the Steam version is that it is still on patch 1.67 so you don't have any of the problems that are part of the pack selector that came in 1.69. :)

• "ajaxpost;c-15969628" wrote:

Hi, not quite sure what you want to download through Origin after you've bought TS3 on Steam. Anyway, in case these offer any information that is useful to you:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15858512#Comment_15858512 - you may find it much simpler to buy everything in a Steam sale (especially as EA don't put TS3 on sale anymore!) but it appears that you do get Origin codes with a Steam purchase so could continue to use Origin. I believe you will need to have bought the base game on Steam before you can buy any other packs on Steam?

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-3/FAQ-Steam-VS-Origin-VS-Discs/td-p/3135440 - the 'official' help page for Steam and Origin issues.

Apart from not needing to use Origin, one key benefit of installing and using the Steam version is that it is still on patch 1.67 so you don't have any of the problems that are part of the pack selector that came in 1.69. :)

So i could download a sims 3 stuff pack on steam and origin would add that to the games i already own in origin and be able to download it from origin with the rest of my games?
  • "TreyNutz;c-15969767" wrote:
    "Vulnn;c-15969671" wrote:
    "ajaxpost;c-15969628" wrote:

So i could download a sims 3 stuff pack on steam and origin would add that to the games i already own in origin and be able to download it from origin with the rest of my games?

Not exactly. If you purchase a pack (EP or SP) on Steam you'll get CD Keys in your Steam library for those packs. You can register those on Origin and then download and install through Origin. I've one this for most of the SPs I own (and many of the EPs as well). You'll need to own the base game from Steam before Steam will sell you DLC (i.e. the EPs and SPs), but you don't need to install anything other than the Steam client. If you are going with an Origin install (or already have an Origin install) you should NOT install any packs through Steam because you cannot mix Steam and Origin installs; just register the CD Keys with Origin and install through Origin.

Oh that sucks :(, I thought i could finish my collection of 3 stuff packs
    ajaxpost
    New Spectator
    "Vulnn;c-15969841" wrote:
    "TreyNutz;c-15969767" wrote:

If you are going with an Origin install (or already have an Origin install) you should NOT install any packs through Steam because you cannot mix Steam and Origin installs; just register the CD Keys with Origin and install through Origin.

Oh that plum :(, I thought i could finish my collection of 3 stuff packs

I stand by for correction but if I understand the process correctly, what I believe @TreyNutz is saying is that you cannot install the extra DLC through Steam but you can buy DLC from Steam and then use the Origin key that comes with it to register and download through Origin.

Or I could be completely wrong. :)