Forum Discussion

me1620
Rising Adventurer
9 days ago

Testing if I can start a discussion - Plus help with Editing Migrated Post

I was trying to start a discussion on the feedback thread but get an error.  I wanted to get help with editing the Daily Deal thread.  This is a test if I can start a discussion here. 

Edit to add: Well, I obviously can post here.  EA_David I am reaching out to you in this thread since I can't post in the feedback section.  I had a much longer post prepared.  I cannot edit the DD thread and have followed suggestions I read in the Forum.  

• Hi there! I think I know what it was,  it looks like the imported colour text was restricting edits, which shouldn't happen. 

For now I updated the text to use the colours supported on the forum, and it looks like you should be able to edit it freely now. 

If you run into issues again, I'd be happy to do a closer look into it. If the post won't go up, can you go into the HTML view and copy the contents into a txt file, then send it to me in a DM?

You can get the html/source code view by clicking the <> icon in the expanded toolbar. 

EA_David
    Icon for Community Admin rankCommunity Admin

Hi there! I think I know what it was,  it looks like the imported colour text was restricting edits, which shouldn't happen. 

For now I updated the text to use the colours supported on the forum, and it looks like you should be able to edit it freely now. 

If you run into issues again, I'd be happy to do a closer look into it. If the post won't go up, can you go into the HTML view and copy the contents into a txt file, then send it to me in a DM?

You can get the html/source code view by clicking the <> icon in the expanded toolbar. 

me1620
      Rising Adventurer

EA_David- Thanks so much for this.  I also appreciate knowing how to access HTML view! 

Edit to add: Your fix worked.  The edits on the DD thread are now holding!  Thank you!

me1620
    Rising Adventurer

EA_David - The saga continues.  Now the DD thread is gone, I get authentication errors in Chrome and I cannot create discussions.  Now I am locked out of creating discussions in two of the sections in this forum.   I tried creating a new thread in the feedback section but received an error. 

Today, I was successfully updating broken links in the first post of Daily Deal (DD) 2018 Rotation List and Sales Help | EA Forums - 1821670.   While in edit mode, I opened a new tab in Chrome to see other posts in that thread.  Suddenly, I received an error message that the message was not available.  The entire DD thread has been lost or hopefully simply temporarily inaccessible.  At the same time, I was locked out of the forum in my Chrome Browser.  I cleared my browser history and restarted my computer.  I still get the error "Authentication not available You can't create or sign in to an EA Forums account right now. Don't worry—you can still view and browse the forums without an account. We're working on this, and we'll share an update if and when this changes."  I found this is a known issue on the Answers HQ.   I am writing this post in Edge.  

I would appreciate knowing if the DD thread can be recovered.  While I do have Word backups of the initial posts if I have to recreate the thread, I prefer to have the original thread as it contains discussions about the Daily Deal and Complete a Set.  In any event, will I be able to create new discussions or will I keep getting errors.

I also note that the editing tools in the original post don't seem to be available in the reply posts.  It would help to see the html code in posts other than the original post.   

• me1620  It looks like the DD thread is back now.  I've seen other long-running threads temporarily caught by the spam filter, so that may be what happened here as well.

This site was also having issues overall last night, which may have contributed to some of what you were seeing.  Things should be resolved now.

Replies don't have a lot of the formatting tools of OPs, unfortunately.  It's been sent up as feedback, and hopefully we'll have those extra tools soon, but no idea what the timeline is.

me1620
        Rising Adventurer

puzzlezaddict- Thanks for replying.  I see the thread is back up.  Thankfully it was temporary.  I am still locked out with Chrome but can use Edge.  

It would be great if replies had more tools.