Forum Discussion

12 years ago

[Error Analysis] Sim can't return home

I tried out some games and it comes all down to game corruption. Multiple things can happen, leaving the game corrupted. There's a few things one can try like swapping out the Uni files but the best option is to use mods. Traveler, Overwatch and ErrorTrap are your best friends.

I won't be looking into this any further. It's not my job and if EA doesn't decided to fix this or at least address this issue, there's nothing I can do about it.

You're still welcome to post here of course and maybe this thread IS monitored by the gurus but my work is done here. I've updated my blog but that is all I can do. I now officially give up.

http://www.abload.de/img/blue2-rule-04l-whitevxcj.gif

A common issue seems to be that Sims either can't go to the graduation in properly in the first place or that they don't return home afterwards and don't get their extra trait either

Symptoms

- Sim can't invite friends/family to the party --> Jumping issue
- Sims don't make it inside the building cause of the queue there
- Something else is screwing up the process and Sims just stay in the Uni world without an option to go back home

I don't think this issue is mod related. Sounds more like corruption.

Because of this issue, I recommend saving your game under a different name before your Sims graduate. If the Sim can't go home, no use in trying to play that game. Precautions for University Life

I'm doing this thread together with ceejay402 and we're going to update the first two posts whenever one of us has the time. It's easier this way.

Questions

- Are you using mods or did you do so before installing UL ?
- Are you playing a game you started before UL or did you start a new one ?
- Are you playing with a fresh Sim or did you import one from the library ?
- Were you able to go to graduation or did all go wrong before ?
- Are you able to invite friend/family ?
- Did Sims you invite attend the graduation ?
- Do you have any duplicate Sims in your relationship bar ?
- For how many terms did your sim go to Uni ? 1 or 2 ?
- Try to describe as detailed as possible what happens

Clarification

You need to have 48 credits to finish your degree and get a graduation. You don't get one after every semester but only after doing all credits.

What we know so far

- Inviting Sims can seriously screw up the game. Sometimes the Sims will duplicate in your relationship panel causing the Sim and the phone to become non-clickable. For the moment, don't invite anyone.
- You can try the Dropping out option to see if that helps your Sim get home if he was left behind (thanks stormwench)
- It's probably not caused by mods but I think it's one of this issue where this isn't a bug as such but the symptom of one. Many things can probably trigger it, even a mod
- There's a mixture of issue. Some don't get their degrees cause of the queues, some have Sims screwing up (double relationship issue) and for some the graduation goes fine but they can't get home.

That's all for the moment. Your DxDiag is not needed. This is not a computer issue.

Solutions welcome of course.