Forum Discussion

IreneSwift
Seasoned Newcomer
2 months ago

Exporting Worlds from CAW fail

I took a world I'd made several years ago back into CAW to fix some small but annoying flaws.  It saved fine, but I get the failure message when I try to export it.  This is nothing new, but it's been a long time since I last used CAW, I don't remember exactly how to fix the issue.  I remember it has something to do with removing the DDCache and DCBackup folders then putting them back in, but I don't remember what it is that I have to do in between those two steps.  Rflong7 you were the one who told me what to do years ago.  If you're still active here, I'd appreciate your help once again.

Rflong7
    Seasoned Adventurer

HI :)

It's been a along while. . . 

Once you move those files/folders out, open CAW...Don't open your world/any world!... but try and export your world. If it works, then close CAW. Put your files back and install. :)

https://modthesims.info/t/497808

I remember now (long time!). I used to rename The Sims 3 folder and open CAW to generate a new one to just export the world. Not open it if there's Store stuff, just export and close. 

Deleted the newly generated TS3 save folder and rename the old one back to The Sims 3.

Kept the world clean... No attachments, also.