Forum Discussion

ButterWafflesAR
New Rookie
2 years ago

Simshop Downloads Not Showing Up/Non-Pregnant Pregnant Sims

Want to apologize ahead of time for the long post. I was trying to keep it short, but I think I may have failed.
So, I'm having two issues in my sims 3 game. I will try to give as much information as I possibly can that may help someone understand what is going on with my game, therefore they can help me understand what is going on with my game. :D

Let's start with the pregnant sims. Recently I installed two nraas mods Story Pregression and Register, because I was starting to notice the lack of children running around and toddlers being carried to parks in such. I then tried getting my sims pregnant, because it was a want, and she was pregnant, not showing. She was in the stage where she should have been showing, but wasn't showing. There was even a random couple in town that I was just hovering over that were expecting (Story progression notified me of this), but she wasn't showing either.
I thought it was the cc I was using at the time, (I didn't have more than probably 10 maybe less. Just make-up stuff basically.) So I removed all cc, uploaded a backup save, then tried getting the sims pregnant again to see if she still wouldn't show. (Never got to test that, because that's when the second issue came into play.)
All the content I had downloaded from the simshop was removed. I don't understand how or why, but in the downloads panel on the launcher all the images were replaced with cardboard boxes. I did some research and, whether this was the issue or not, I learned that it could be the user data was corrupted? Something to that extent. The way to fix it was to move your old sims 3 folder to a different location, rename it, then boot the game back up, causing the game to make a new sims 3 folder and that I would have to just redownload every single item again.
So I did all that, moved the mod folder to the new sims 3 folder, but removed story progression mod and set it aside (So I only had the RelationshipPanel, Overwatch, ErrorTrap, MasterController and Register nraas mods by this point), to see if it was causing issues with my game. Uploaded a completely brand save, played it like I was serious about it, got on again this morning and the shop content was removed again and showed the carboard boxes again. Here is an image of what I mean.

https://i.imgur.com/tTI8ISB.png

I can't speak on behalf of the non-pregnant pregnant sim bug, because I never got a chance to test out what was causing that issue, but I can say for certain that the whole content being removed issue didn't arise till after I installed StoryProgression and Register.
I don't know if one or both of these mods are giving my game a fit or if its something else causing the issue. I try my best to do research, before asking for help, because I don't want to bother anyone with issues that have already been resolved, but I'm at a loss on this one. Again, apologize for the long long post. I tried my best to keep it short, but I can see I failed. :D Does anyone have an answer as to why my shop content was removed twice and maybe even why pregnant sims (not just mine it seems) weren't showing they were pregnant.