Forum Discussion

QuinShay5
New Scout
23 days ago

A Love Like Ours Legacy

Hi! I'm writing a legacy based on Cute Coffee Gal's Decades Challenge  and faerie-tempest's Black History Challenge Also check out her playthrough of her challenge on YouTube The Sims 4: Black History Challenge

My legacy is called A Love Like Ours and follows the Jonquil family starting in an 1880s prologue.

Henry Jonquil and Emma Kelsey are the founders. They are the two teens in the picture at the top.  

My blog has a Chapters List, but I'll keep links to the chapters on this thread, too. 

Fun fact: A jonquil is a fragrant, bright yellow flower that is in the same genus (Narcissus) as the daffodil. Narcissus is the birth flower of the month of March so starting this thread this month is perfect :) 

I hope you enjoy A Love Like Ours and thank you for reading!

Chapter Indexes:

1880s: Prologue, part 1; Prologue, part 2

1890s 

1900s

• Preview: Prologue, part 1

They say you never forget your first love. For Emma and Henry that love couldn’t be lost because it would last a lifetime.

They meet on a sunny afternoon in Riverblossom Hills when they are both 14.

Henry’s family had moved to the rural town three weeks ago to help his ailing uncle and his family. Coming from the large city of Bridgeport, he felt like he was on another planet. He thinks the little town is backward and begs his parents to return home every day.

His parents could allow Henry to live with their oldest and her husband like his other sister does. But they decide to keep him in Riverblossom Hills for the time being as his attitude toward the small town and the country folks living there is quite arrogant. Being academic and from the city doesn't make him better. A lesson he will learn as he gets to know a few of the locals... a certain one, actually.

Emma’s family isn’t as comfortable as the Jonquils. The Kelseys are sharecroppers working for her grandfather, Old Man Kelsey, who used to own her father and mother back during slavery. Emma's mother, Mary, died when she was two years old giving birth to a younger sibling who also didn’t make it. She doesn’t remember her and considers her father’s third wife, Violet, to be her mother as she was the one who raised her. 

Emma has six full-blooded older siblings, three younger half brothers (Violet’s), four older half siblings (from the first wife River), and two stepbrothers. 15 siblings in all. Since there were so many older siblings, Emma never had to dedicate as much time as they did to the farm. She and her three younger brothers were free to go to school for much of their young lives. She takes care of her younger brothers, helps cook meals, and teaches her mother to read in her spare time.

If you would like to read the rest of the chapter click HERE