Forum Discussion

LaunchSneezes
Seasoned Hotshot
22 days ago

Base Game Builds Challenges!

I decided to go and look at the base game builds that I did with my cutesyjenn account, and found that they have gotten more downloads than most of the builds I have made that utilize multiple packs. So it seems that base game builds are in demand. For example my cottage using cottage living got 14 downloads, but when I took that same build and made it purely base game it got 47 downloads. So maybe it's time to take on the challenge of creating for players who can't afford packs! I have found that if you toggle on "base game" only stuff in b&b, it will untoggle itself at some point, so just make sure to keep an eye on that. :) In any case, let's get building!

You guys may know that my challenges are pretty loose, and there are no winners or losers, this is for those of us who like to build and just want another challenge!

Let's see. First challenge. How about...make a base game occult build, so think any occult in the game or not in the game (I know a lot of us have asked for fairies, for example, and that's probably what I'll be doing!) - I think this will be a fun one!

Now I have to get building lol.

Remember to add #bgb1 to your build! base game build 1

Here is my fairy house - I added flowers! - the flowers version can be found in my LaunchSneezes account also with the hashtag #bgb1 - slideshow link https://ibb.co/album/23YrBv

LaunchSneezes
    Seasoned Hotshot

Second base game challenge, for anyone who wants to take part - kind of taking inspiration from the retro revival competition of last month. Take an already existing build from your gallery and make it base game. :) Let's go! 

0f8r0e7tbrsc
    Seasoned Vanguard

Speaking as someone who downloads alot of builds from the gallery, it REALLY makes it convenient if it is a base game only. I have alot of the packs but not all of them and I think that is the case with many people. Thank you for taking the extra time to make your lots base game only.  I myself appreciate it.

Miataplay
      Seasoned Ace

I prefer base game lots to download even if it's a debug shell or empty(unfurnished)

LaunchSneezes
        Seasoned Hotshot

Same tbh because I never have all of the packs that are used...it definitely makes it difficult because then everything is either deleted or changed out and then you don't have the original creation anyway. I thought it was funny how so many people thought that everyone was using those happy toes bath mats when really they are just used when someone doesn't have the pack that a rug is in. No one actually chooses them. lol. Also I should try uploading shells to the gallery before I furnish them, because I always refurnish houses from the gallery entirely anyway.

LaunchSneezes
      Seasoned Hotshot

I'm glad! I hope you like my fairy build <3

Edit: For some reason it is saying that I have exceeded the max amount of posts that I can publish? So I can't post my house. :( Edit: I just edited my first post lol, I guess that works for now.

• The Fairy House is lovely ๐Ÿ™‚  Very nice treehouse style exterior design and towers. The interior furnishing is lovely and pretty floral wall pattern. Very lovely bedroom with study desk and chess areas.

LaunchSneezes
      Seasoned Hotshot

Thanks so much rosemow! That's what I was going for, a treehouse type thing, like the fairies are living in a tree. :) I wish now that I had put some flowers around it, but I didn't think about it at the time. It's ok though, I still like it as it is!

LaunchSneezes
    Seasoned Hotshot

Here's my house from earlier, re-imagined as a base game house.

under hashtag #bgb2 and my LaunchSneezes Account. It says I have something from the Country Kitchen Kit in the build but I can't find what it is. If anyone downloads it and is able to just pick it out it can you let me know? I'm really confused!!

Also I was trying to replace the new listing and I believe I replaced the old listing that was not base game, so....whatever I guess lol.

slideshow: https://ibb.co/album/JnpyCw

Pictures:

rosemow
      Hero

The home is lovely! ๐Ÿ™‚ Very nice exterior design and pretty pink colour. The windows are great. The interior furnishing is lovely. Very nice floral wall pattern. The kitchen and bar counter area is very nice, and lovely sitting area to enjoy watching tv or playing chess.

LazyLuisa
    Rising Novice

This sounds like a very fun challenge!

i have a question. Iโ€™m pretty new to the game so I want to know if Iโ€™m understanding stuff correctly - using only the base game in builds, does it mean to have nothing else than the actual core game? Like, no downloaded furniture that people has made. Also - are those things  called mods? From my understanding it is but just want to make sure.

LaunchSneezes
      Seasoned Hotshot

It does mean nothing except for items that are available in the base game, correct! Nothing from expansion packs, kits, etc. No custom content. Iโ€™m not sure what you are asking as far as what is a mod? I believe the custom furniture people make that you can download is called custom content by the community, I may be wrong, but they are aesthetic mods so I guess they could also simply be called mods.

LaunchSneezes
      Seasoned Hotshot

Also the challenge is to take a build that you have made that is in your gallery, not one that someone else has made that is in the general gallery, I should clarify since you are new! If you havenโ€™t built anything yet you can just build something from scratch that is purely base game, I suppose. ๐Ÿ™‚