Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Build a Village Challenge

https://i.imgur.com/GeiofXE.png

:blush: Credit
First of all I’d like to give a big dollop of credit to @Cinebar, as this is essentially a re-write of a challenge they posted (from 2017) which gave me a massive boost of inspiration. I think it was an absolutely fantastic idea and I wanted to revive it, so thank you for the permission!

Another big thanks to @BuildnShare who gave permission for me to use their entry form which is very handy (slightly adapted to fit the challenge).

:blush: Backstory
It is said that a sense of unrest was increasing within a small group of residents with the way things were being run in their home world. Rather than fighting an unwinnable battle with the greedy corporation family, these sims took action! They put their resources together and claimed their own slice of paradise in their new world.

:blush: The Buildings/Spaces Brief – 8 categories, 10 spaces total

Church/Mosque/Temple/Llama Shrine
Sims know there’s something bigger than themselves out there, and like to have a place to acknowledge that. Also marriage…

City Hall
Law, order, emergency services, a tonne of admin paperwork, something to show off to out of town visitors… Up to you!

Two Residences
One sim doesn’t make a town, but two’s a start. These can be as large or small as you desire, housing between 2 (one each) and 8 sims.

General Store
There’s not enough space for a mall, but sims don’t want to go to the next district every time they need something.

Two Entertainment Spaces
One should be family friendly such as a cinema, theatre, bowling alley (anywhere you would find toddlers to teens).
One should be aimed at young adults and older (e.g. pub/bar, nightclub, romantic spot… something more sophisticated and mature).

Village Green/Park
A communal outdoor place to relax or play.

School
Education’s important!

Water
Have at least 3x3 tile of water. After all, a sim's gotta drink.

:blush: Rules
· 50x50 lot in any world. Must be exact size, single lot.
· Any lot type (residential or public). You should have a reason for which one you picked (can be a short sentence or a backstory, whichever you prefer).
· Hashtag with #BuildaVillageChallenge
· Use hashtags #noCC/#withCC and #noMOO/#withMOO

:blush: Guidelines
Who: multiple families/sims – What: a town/village – When: Any time period/theme/location – Where: 50x50 lot – How: build/buy mode :wink:

Consider the ‘bigger picture’ when building! This lot is to be designed as a town rather than any single type of lot, and is for more than one family meaning there would be a diversity of tastes and interests, and is likely multi-generational.

‘Rome wasn’t built in a day’; do consider an overall cohesiveness when building all the buildings within your lot, but don’t feel restricted to have all the buildings same-same. Maybe one building was constructed 100 years after the other. It’s in your hands.

Since it’s a town with multiple separate buildings, you’ll probably want some roads or sidewalks to get around. Unless it’s not… up to you!

You can think about which buildings/spaces you might like to combine, or have all the spaces fully detached. Each space needs to be well defined, though!

:blush: Entry Form (Thanks again @BuildnShare
FORUM ID:
ORIGIN ID:
LEVEL*: (*Optional) (Whichever entry level you feel fits your current build level i.e. Starting Out, Established or Expert)
LOT:*: (*Optional) (Link to where the build can be found with on The Gallery)
LOT COST:
LOT NAME*: (*Optional) (Which lot you built on)
GALLERY COST: Found when you post to the gallery
TOTAL COST: (Lot cost and gallery cost added together)
LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: Please include a link to your slideshow whether it's in your showcase thread or on a platform such as Imgur
ENTRY DETAILS: (Be sure to tell us about your entry)
CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: (Please state here as to whether or not you would like to receive constructive criticism for your entry, and/or your scorecard if electing to be scored)
CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: (Please give links to any CC, mods, and/or recolours you used in your entry)
SIM SOCIAL MEDIA LINKS*: (*Optional)
SPACE FOR PICTURES: (Only a maximum of four per entry, please use the BB code for 'spoiler' to post more if you'd like)

If you want to join in ‘just for fun’ you can skip the next post and get building! To the competitive, read on.