Forum Discussion

7 years ago

Diversity and depth for Sims.

I read a lot of people complain about Sims having not much to do. But new activities, skills, careers and so on are added with every new pack.
New Clothing and accessories are as well, but they don't do much about how different Sims are from each other.

In order to make each Sim more unique, I would like to suggest a few things.

- Likes and Dislikes.
Allow us to decide what the sim likes and what he or she dislikes. For Example: Haircolors, Colors in general, Food types, Radio Stations, TV channels, Movies... you get it? If you allow for 3 likes and 3 dislikes, that is already an improvement. More is of course welcome. The Sim should have emotional reactions to those things.

- Zodiac signs, culture and main hand.
Allow us to pick a zodiac sign for our Sims that is separate from traits and affects certain things in his life.
Also, we should be able to pick a culture to have our sims behave accordingly. What should I do if I want a sim to eat with chopsticks instead of a fork and bow down instead of waving the hand? With that, I would just pick the Eastern culture. With Eastern culture, A sim would act like how it is common and polite in china and japan. There would also be Western and Middleeastern culture selectable.
And I would like to decide if my Sim is a lefty, a righty or can use both hands equally. (Forgot the Therm for it)

- CAS Options.
Clothing and Hairstyles are well and good. Keep them coming. But also...
Add Body Hair. People have hair on their arms, their legs, their backs and chests.
Maybe different hights? I am aware that adding hight differences makes it difficult to animate stuff, and you would have to recreate each animation for every hight and perhaps more, but it would make Sims more diverse. It could be 3 buttons instead of a slider as a compromise.
I would also like more walkstyles that are less exagurated. I am alsowaiting for a limbing walkstyle.
Also, the walkstyles should affect the way a Sim stands, sits, dances and more...
More Traits are a must.

The Gender Patch was a good thing, even though I was a bit angry because it broke mods.
I think those additions would make the sim world and the sims much more alive.