Forum Discussion

3 years ago

Game Pack Idea: Traveling through Different Decades

This is a random idea I had yesterday: a 1950’s game pack. But the more I thought about it, I think they could make different packs for most decades of the 20th century, at least.

1950’s, for example:

The pack could come with:

-specific hairstyles from the era (bouffants, poodle cuts, and pompadours, etc.)

-specific outfits and clothing items from the era (pencil dresses and skirts, poodles skirts, jeans and leather jackets, etc.)

-a few new recipes of iconic foods that became popular that decade (beef stroganoff, pig-in-a-blanket, chiffon cake, milkshakes and different ice creams and floats)

-lots of build and buy stuff for 1950’s decor, including for special soda fountain/ice cream parlor and sock hop builds.

-the ability to create fountain/ice cream parlor businesses with Dine Out (maybe also comic books, records, and other stuff with Get to Work as well)

-an added Sock Hop social event as a dance for teens

-new ice cream flavors, and the addition of milkshakes and floats

-playable toys styled like 1950’s toys (Mr. Potato Head, Play-Doh, slinkies, Barbies, hula hoops… I think all would build imagination, but hula hoops would be for the motor skill)

-1950’s radio station

-new dance moves would be cute

I think that’s enough for a pack, no?

Then I thought, they could do that for the 1920’s, 1930’s, and so on to the 1990’s.

What do you think? Would you purchase?
  • "Sepia;c-18027494" wrote:
    1930's:
    Hair: marcel waves, straight or waved pageboy cuts
    Clothing: tops and dresses with puff sleeves, patterned house dresses, smoking jackets, beach pyjamas, culottes, sweater vests, English drape suits, sailor pants, saddle shoes
    Food: Mulligan stew, molded gelatin for dessert, meatloaf
    Decor: 1930's stuff
    Toys: An adaptation of Monopoly, although I guess the whole family can play. It would build mental skill. Finger painting as a toddler creativity skill.
    Gameplay: Dance marathons as a social event. Sims have to partner up and dance until they get exhausted and pass out (or leave to pee or eat, I guess). The last standing dancing Sim couple wins a cash prize. Radio programs where Sims can sit and listen to dialogue spoken with dramatic music. I LOL'ed thinking of their shocked reactions to hearing a suspenseful episode. Jigsaw puzzles which children and adults can assemble together (they can get happy moodlets, or become frustrated if they can't solve it).
    Other: Miniature golf courses as a lot type. Or maybe you can place one inside a park. But it would have a few holes with different areas for the Sim to travel around attempting to get the ball in the holes. I guess it would be similar to hiking in Snowy Escape.

I like your ideas about decades game packs. If they do a couple of them every year, we could be looking at a lot of content over the next few years. I would also love a stone age pack. Something like the Flintstones.
    ChadSims2
    Seasoned Novice
    After seeing that 90s kit I don't have much hope for them doing older styles of clothing they just recolor what meshes we have like those horrible above the ankle pants and call it new. But older styles of clothing (done right) activities and basic objects like landline phones would make it possible to feel like you're playing a family through generations instead of always being stuck in a modern world but without cars and a world forever locked in time forever unchangeable.
    VWoodsong
    Seasoned Observer
    "Sepia;d-996298" wrote:
    Spoiler
    This is a random idea I had yesterday: a 1950’s game pack. But the more I thought about it, I think they could make different packs for most decades of the 20th century, at least.

1950’s, for example:

The pack could come with:

-specific hairstyles from the era (bouffants, poodle cuts, and pompadours, etc.)

-specific outfits and clothing items from the era (pencil dresses and skirts, poodles skirts, jeans and leather jackets, etc.)

-a few new recipes of iconic foods that became popular that decade (beef stroganoff, pig-in-a-blanket, chiffon cake, milkshakes and different ice creams and floats)

-lots of build and buy stuff for 1950’s decor, including for special soda fountain/ice cream parlor and sock hop builds.

-the ability to create fountain/ice cream parlor businesses with Dine Out (maybe also comic books, records, and other stuff with Get to Work as well)

-an added Sock Hop social event as a dance for teens

-new ice cream flavors, and the addition of milkshakes and floats

-playable toys styled like 1950’s toys (Mr. Potato Head, Play-Doh, slinkies, Barbies, hula hoops… I think all would build imagination, but hula hoops would be for the motor skill)

-1950’s radio station

-new dance moves would be cute

I think that’s enough for a pack, no?

Then I thought, they could do that for the 1920’s, 1930’s, and so on to the 1990’s.

What do you think? Would you purchase?

To answer the first part: Sounds like it could be fun for people who like that sort of thing. I might like it, too, but in a different game. My Sims 4 gameplay isn't based so much on the real world or its time measurements, or in turn its era-based fashions, fads, and technology. So to answer the second question, no, I'd personally be very unlikely to purchase.