Forum Discussion

BENH8484
Rising Rookie
5 years ago

Give sims an adapting emotional state

The default emotional state TS4 sims seem to revert to is happy. This doesn't make sense to me.

I think there should be a scale from stressed through neutral to happy. And it changes more slowly than buffs and in response to their traits and their lives. For example an ambitious sim who has been climbing the career ladder should have a boost to their position on the scale, while a lazy sim might get a deducton because it's more responsibility and effort. A tidy sim who has a messy house should have a deduction on the scale, while slob sims aren't bothered. Family oriented sims without family should have a deduction. Mean sims should get a boost from arguing, while good sims get a deduction from it.

Aside from making sims much more infuenced by the world around them, it would also allow for sims to have different responses to the same situation. A household environment could make one sim happy and another miserable.
  • Yes I like this. Including only neat sims should make up the bed or clean up after themselves and it bothers me that they all do it. I think only hothead sims should stomp and slam the fridge when they mad. That's how my hothead sister reacts. But I have never done that in my life when I get mad. I just go off quietly to myself. I could go on and on. Point is, in addition to what you said each sim should react to situations differently according to their trait.

The fine emotion should be the baseline standard.
    BENH8484
    Rising Rookie
    "Babykittyjade;c-17425021" wrote:
    Yes I like this. Including only neat sims should make up the bed or clean up after themselves and it bothers me that they all do it. I think only hothead sims should stomp and slam the fridge when they mad. That's how my hothead sister reacts. But I have never done that in my life when I get mad. I just go off quietly to myself. I could go on and on. Point is, in addition to what you said each sim should react to situations differently according to their trait.

The fine emotion should be the baseline standard.

Having fine as the baseline would be a great start, but as game time passes I'd like each sim's baseline mood to adapt because of their surroundings/life. I think this would bring them to life in a new way. So they don't just default back to happy or fine when the buff influence reduces, instead they default to something more personal.

And yes, being more selective which behaviours sims exhibit would make them way more personalised by their traits.