Forum Discussion

Iggysaurus-Rex
Seasoned Novice
2 years ago

Hidden lots...

I read years ago that the SimGurus no longer add hidden lots because the data showed no one was ever using them. No one ever used them, because once you had all the collectibles from a location there was no reason to go back. There are small lots at Sylvan Glade, Forgotten Grotto, Sixam and the hermit's place in Outdoor Retreat. These lots are blocked from building without the use of cheats. If we could build in the hidden areas it would give a reason to return.

Sylvan Glade and Forgotten Grotto are small, but would be just the right size for child sims to build forts or tree houses and for teen sims to get away from adults.

Sixam is just the one event for the scientist career and collectibles. Not much reason to go there. If it were fleshed out like the Forgotten Hollow neighbor, maybe add some alien festivals like from city living and give us a UFO to build.

The hermit's house is a lot of space and not much to do. I'm not sure want to do with it. Maybe make a Vacation Home lot type we can purchase and build on. Then we could have a fishing lodge to visit.

These locations could also be used for meeting locations for the Get Together club functions.

You put all this effort into making these areas, but you didn't give the players a carrot to follow back to them.
  • I agree 100 percent! The hidden areas are a bit "meh" after you discover them the first time, so that's why I forget about them. If/when they do bring back fairies to the game, Sylvan Glade could get an overhaul accordingly. Sixam should have been expanded in a game pack, making THAT the space adventure rather than making it Star Wars themed.
    I'd go to these hidden lots, and welcome more of them, if they were worth visiting!
  • They could put Benevolent Fairies in Sylvan Glade and Malevolent Pixies in Forgotten Grotto and gaining favor with one would put you at odds with the other.
    SEREFRAS
    Rising Hotshot
    I thought the new hidden coven was a hidden lot in Chestnut Ridge?
  • Safe bet is the cavern being a rabbit hole, like the cave in Sulani.