Forum Discussion

6 years ago

Let's talk religion.

How would everyone feel about some kind of in game religion, like in the Sims Medieval? (That's completely optional of course)
  • If you want smaller religions with only a few adherents each, use clubs. They're 99% of the way to what you want.

If you want larger religions that pretty much everybody in a given save follows, create holidays and flavor them accordingly. Or just mentally change the name of the "Good" trait to whatever religious analogue you want.

Something explicitly called a religion would cause too many problems to really be worth it.
  • I don't really know if there's enough appeal for it to counter the controversy of making such a thing, maybe it's a thing best left for the modding community and the imagination?
    Madamelee
    Seasoned Novice
    It's controversial-there's so many religions. About a controversial as disabilities. I made my own two fake religions with GT clubs
  • I'd be fine with it. I'm not religious myself but I know of people who would enjoy some sort of religion.
  • I'd only be okay with it if it can be disabled. I wouldn't use it and I would hate it if it came in a pack with items I couldn't use unless I also enabled religion.