Forum Discussion

Loanet
New Scout
2 months ago

'Original By' is so annoying

Let's get this straight - credit where credit is due, right? You certainly don't want people copy-pasting other people's buildings as their own work with nothing more than a wallpaper change.

But say you paste somebody's five-year-old bar just because you suck at building framework. And you're not just making minor alterations to turn it into a nightclub. It's not long before the changes make it completely unrecognisable. You've added extra floors, deleted 10-million purely aesthetic lights, even altered the wall structure since you are good at that now. Heckaroonies, for whatever reason the original is even deleted from the gallery!

And yet it still says 'original by'. If somebody downloads your build, who gets the credit for all your hard work? 'Original by', that's who.

Credit where credit is due, but where's my credit?

• I have had the issue where I had someone’s build on a lot, bulldozed that build and the lot and built my own original one, then when I went to post it it says “original by” someone else. SO ANNOYING!! This has happened multiple times. What I wound up having to do is save each individual room in my library, then move to a different lot and place each room where they are supposed to go, then share it and it accurately says it’s my build. But that’s annoying to do because you know, obvious reasons.