Forum Discussion

DariaBL
Rising Newcomer
12 days ago

Random legacy - McIntosh family part 1

I got inspired by videos of other simmers and decided to give random legacy challenge a shot. Oh boy, is it hard! Random really didn't like me this time: permanent barista career (or at least I think that it has to be permanent and no other income allowed? Or maybe I'm just a fool...), no helpers, idle careers (can't help w school or career/job), single with 3 kids. Okay, I don't have 3 kids yet, only 1 because I'll lose it honestly if I have all 3 kids at once 😭😭 Btw, I used a special website designed for this challenge apparently to random things but there are also lists with careers etc on some kinda sims forums. And you know what? There was no barista career in the list I've found... But I guess playing as barista and having no other income other than that is kinda fun. Fun because it's hard and I think I've never been challenged in Sims like that ('cause I never bothered to)

The unlucky one is Janet McIntosh (name and surname were randomized as well as her appearance and style). She reminds me of Cassandra Goth, probably because of ponytails lol 

Janet lives in Oasis Springs and collects stuff every day, as per the random rule I got (but she can't sell her collection as far as I understand. Maybe I'm wrong tho?). She hates her job since she doesn't like any kinds of commitments and she's afraid that she will be stuck with it forever. Janet's not wrong on that one... Poor girl.

She's also mean and mischievous, but that's fun. She's almost sworn enemies with Geoffrey Landgraab (I did that on purpose) and I personally cackle because of that. As for her third trait, Janet's romantic. 

Also welcome father of the family — Quentin what's his surname. Well, he's biological father of our dear heir Robin alright, but he can't live with them or be married to Janet, as per the rules (she has to be a single mom). Shame, because of Janet's encouragement Quentin changed careers and after being a nanny became an entertainer and could have brought us actual money :( Fun fact is that Robin must become an entertainer one day too, because random wished so (which is very interesting coincidence. Kinda like a plot element).

And there's our little heir Robin. His present random aspiration is to be creative and he's an art lover (random was very consistent with that). He also was a top notch infant and a happy child, hooray! Despite the fact that their living conditions have always been less than satisfactory (they don't have an actual house, just the needed utilities and beds...). 

Let's see if I can survive for longer! lol Btw, I've already randomized what second gen rules are gonna be, which include: 

• 2 kids;
  • comedian career (secondary careers: astronaut, culinary);
  • two live-in partners, at least 1 kid with the first one; 
  • sims have to get in fights at least once a week;
  • teens in the family have to work AND max their part time jobs before 3rd gen starts, even if they will become young adults

That's definitely easier and pretty entertaining, if you ask me! You know, Robin's mother is a meanie and all he ever saw was her getting into fights and badmouthing people. So... I guess it's logical he and his future siblings will get into fights as well. It's just fitting. And like I said, Robin's father works in entertainment too. Maybe we can imagine that our little boy decided to follow in father's footsteps? Even if he was an absent one. Fun fact: Quentin and Robin actually met each other because Quentin came on our lot to celebrate HIS birthday on the same day Robin became a child. Can't say why he chose our lot, I was honestly surprised when that happened after he invited Janet via phone 🤔Let's imagine he actually cares about his son (we all know tho that the reason he's not a top notch dad is purely technical...) 

BissenNess
    Seasoned Vanguard

Yikes! The randomizer does NOT like Janet. I wouldn't want to raise three kids on a Sims barista's salary.