Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Sims 4 boarding school challenge

Yes I know, there are already school challenges out there and probably ones like mine but I have ideas that some people may not have so I made my own with my own aims and rules.

The aim of the challenge is to have well educated YA by the end.
Starting off-creating the sims
To start this challenge create a new game as normal. When you get into CAS, create a household of 1 YA and 7 children. The genders don’t matter. You can have all girls all boys or mixed-it really doesn’t matter. The YA (teacher) can be a boy or girl. The children can be related to one another but make sure the children aren’t all related. There are some specific rules when it comes to clothing.
The YA (teacher)-They may wear what they want. Here’s mine:
http://i.imgur.com/trOvp9o.png
Nothing to crazy
Children- They’re the ones with rules. Girls must have the same: Everyday, athletic and swim wear. Same with the boys. You can add a second everyday maybe to be another school uniform or a casual outfit for the weekend. If you’re doing mixed, the children must have the same athletic so choose unisex clothes then. Some examples:
http://i.imgur.com/CYjmr9h.png
Everyday
http://i.imgur.com/Z00rlTv.png
Athletic
http://i.imgur.com/mDZxIIT.png
Swimwear
If you can tell, I’m doing girls.
The challenge
As well as the children having school, they have extra lessons at the school you built. Here’s a time table, please try and follow it!
Mon-Fri-wake up 7am (sorry kids!) 6am-look after any bad needs-breakfast 7am-work on aspirations-school 8am-3pm-look after any bad needs-homework 3:45- * 4:45-5:45-look after any bad needs5:45-work on aspirations 6:15-supper 7pm-8pm-look after bad needs-bed (from 8:30pm-9pm)
*= Lesson
Child lessons: P.E (swimming), art (creativity table), music (violin or piano), social (talking. I know you don’t really do that at school but there isn’t much kids can do), science (using the science table)
Teen lessons: P.E (using the workout equipment), art (easel), music (violin, piano, guitar), programming (on the computer), handiness (buy really cheap things and break. If nothing is broken, read handiness books)
At the weekend you can send your sims to the park or maybe even to Granite Falls!
What about the aspirations?
Well from what I’ve written above it sounds like you need to do the aspirations. The children have to finish their aspirations. The teens need to get half way through theirs. They basically have to finish the first 2 milestones.
The school
You’ll have to build a school. It must include: a kitchen, a big dining room, study, a living room, 4 bathrooms, a teachers bedroom, a girls bedroom, a boys bedroom (you only need both if you are doing mixed), a swimming pool, a workout room, an art room consisting of creativity tables and easels, a music room with instruments, a programming room with lots of computers and a room with cheap appliances that will break. And a science room.
Competition!
I’m starting a school build competition. Basically, you have to create a school for this challenge using #boardingschoolcomp. If you enter, DO NOT tell me your Origin ID. On the 1st of March, I will choose my favourite to use in my challenge. I WILL NOT BE CHOOSING ON HOW WELL I LIKE AND KNOW THE PERSON. IT WILL BE CHOSEN ON WHAT I LIKE DEPENDING ON MY FAVOURITE STYLE OF BUILDING. I’m sure they’ll all be great! Good luck!
  • "GeorgiaTehSimmer;13335403" wrote:
    @KrazyKatSms Omg i feel stupid now! Thanks I get it now.

It's ok. I didn't get how it was going to work out at first! I just new what I wanted to do but not how it was going to work!
  • I'm very tempted lol but I have so many saves and my computer doesn't like it
  • "SammyDori;13341657" wrote:
    I'm no good at building so I'll probably download a school off of the gallery and then play the challenge. Also does it matter how much money your household has at the start of the challenge and how do they continue to make money, does the teacher need a job?

You may use cheats so the teacher won't need a job.
  • "SammyDori;13342352" wrote:
    Thanks, also can you clarify on the times table thing? Its a bit confusing to me. I just am confused about which times correspond with which activities.

With the lessons I have given 5 for children and 5 for teens. When the students are children in the space with the star you do one of those lessons. Make it so you do all in a week. The same applies with them being teens.
  • "Pegasus143;13363241" wrote:
    @KrazyKatSms - I started this, and I think your timetable needs a bit of reworking. An hour isn't enough time for all of the kids to eat breakfast before school, so half of them end up going hungry. If breakfast was moved up to 6:30, it would probably work a bit better.

You can always adjust it if you feel like you need to. I just wrote it out pretty quickly.
  • "ddominic;13370776" wrote:
    If anyone is interested in making a school for this. I don't know why since you can't actually not go to school or have a mod like TS3 ultimate careers but if anyone would like to make a school, you should also add the classroom rules from TS3 challenge (except slightly edited) to the first post:

- Math classroom (Chess tables, Bookshelves with logic books, Telescopes, Teacher's desk)
    - Science classroom (Chemistry tables, Bookshelves, Teacher's desk)
    - Music classroom (Guitars, Violins, Pianos, Bookshelves with skill books, Teacher's desk)
    - English classroom (Desks, Computers for writing? , Bookshelves, Teacher's desk)
    - Handiness???? classroom (Sculpting tables, Bookshelves, Teacher's desk)
    - Social Studies classroom (Mirrors, Teacher's desk)
    - Computer classroom (Desks, Computers, Tablets, Chairs, Bookshelves)
    - Gym (Exercise equipment, Monkey bars for children, Stereo, TV)
    - Library (Bookshelves, Chairs, Fireplace)
    - Cafeteria (Anything you'd need for a normal kitchen)
    - Girls Dorms and Bathroom (Beds, Dresser, Mirror, Toilets, Showers, Sinks)
    - Boys Dorms (Beds, Dresser, Mirror, Toilets, Showers, Sinks)

I like that idea
  • > @ddominic said:
    > If anyone is interested in making a school for this. I don't know why since you can't actually not go to school or have a mod like TS3 ultimate careers but if anyone would like to make a school, you should also add the classroom rules from TS3 challenge (except slightly edited) to the first post:
    >
    > - Math classroom (Chess tables, Bookshelves with logic books, Telescopes, Teacher's desk)
    > - Science classroom (Chemistry tables, Bookshelves, Teacher's desk)
    > - Music classroom (Guitars, Violins, Pianos, Bookshelves with skill books, Teacher's desk)
    > - English classroom (Desks, Computers for writing? , Bookshelves, Teacher's desk)
    > - Handiness???? classroom (Sculpting tables, Bookshelves, Teacher's desk)
    > - Social Studies classroom (Mirrors, Teacher's desk)
    > - Computer classroom (Desks, Computers, Tablets, Chairs, Bookshelves)
    > - Gym (Exercise equipment, Monkey bars for children, Stereo, TV)
    > - Library (Bookshelves, Chairs, Fireplace)
    > - Cafeteria (Anything you'd need for a normal kitchen)
    > - Girls Dorms and Bathroom (Beds, Dresser, Mirror, Toilets, Showers, Sinks)
    > - Boys Dorms (Beds, Dresser, Mirror, Toilets, Showers, Sinks)

greati idea! i think i will acually use it for the school im building for this challenge. i will upload it on the gallery

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,089 PostsLatest Activity: 4 days ago