Forum Discussion

amapola76
New Adventurer
2 years ago

Small UI Wish: Neighborhood Calendar

Maybe it's just me, but I have wished for years for an in-game calendar that would be visible in the neighborhood view. As someone who plays rotationally... and who has limited time to play... this would help me out tremendously. I often decide which household to play based on what's going on in the world, particularly when I don't have time to play through a full Sims season or year. Spring? Let's have a quick wedding or proposal. A full moon in summer? Let's send the wolfies for a run. Autumn? Time to send a YA to campus. Winter? Let's play that young family that is having trouble making ends meet, and see whether Father Winter can help them make things festive. Etc., etc.

As it is, I have to wait through a loading screen to pull up a household, open the calendar, wait through another loading screen to get back to neighborhood view, then wait through another loading screen to pull up the household I want. At this stage in the game, that can take 15-20 minutes to finish (up to 30 minutes total if you include loading TS4 to get to that point), and by then, I'm thinking, why did I even load the Sims, I could have finished a whole quest in another game by this point. Maybe two!

For those who don't want or need such a feature, it could be fairly unobtrusive. For example, you could just stick the calendar icon up in the top right corner, either between the Gallery and Manage Household icons, or between Manage Household and Help.

ETA: The icon in neighborhood view could pop up a small calendar like the mini calendar in WoW, but as an additional feature, it would also be nice, if you have multiple saves, to have just the small season icon next to each save, when you open up the load option from the main menu.
  • Although I never missed all calendar event details in hood view, I often wondered why can't we at least see what season it is? What day, and the weather? Those events would be fine, too.