Forum Discussion

9 years ago

Supernatural Disable Option

Rather then wait for the various forms of supernatural sims to show up and then control their population, could we have a disable supernatural Sim option, like in the Sims 3, now? I've never been a fan of aliens and I forsee various problems in the future. Let's just handle this now rather then later. Let's not have another over population of zombies and Vampires. If you love them keep them, but for people like me, I want the option to not have my male Sims abducted in the first place, satellites be darned.
  • > @chidoriaida said:
    > Agreed! I am so tired of male sims getting pregnant. I don't mind them getting abducted, but getting pregnant is another story. There are also too many NPC aliens in disguise. Sometimes I like to have my sims date and marry NPCs, but often times that NPC is an alien. Then I had to change my target cuz I don't want alien babies. I wish there is a label for aliens under their name when we put the cursor over them.

I can see how that can be frustrating. For me it's the opposite, I constantly get aliens that looks like aliens wandering the streets, when I first started playing the game it was as you described and you couldn't tell off the bat if someone was an alien, something I really like and wish it was back, I like the element of surprise it had!
    SheriSim
    Seasoned Vanguard
    "chidoriaida;14414652" wrote:
    Agreed! I am so tired of male sims getting pregnant. I don't mind them getting abducted, but getting pregnant is another story. There are also too many NPC aliens in disguise. Sometimes I like to have my sims date and marry NPCs, but often times that NPC is an alien. Then I had to change my target cuz I don't want alien babies. I wish there is a label for aliens under their name when we put the cursor over them.

That's funny, in my main game I have yet to come across an alien. My female science sim was abducted twice, and Bob pancakes once. But I haven't seen them around town in my main game, or noticed them in the science career. And, Bob came back without being pregnant.
  • "Scobre;14416856" wrote:
    "Soulcloud6;14416486" wrote:
    I liked the sims for the realistic elements... as am sure most people do! I mean that was the original concept! But don't get me wrong I also loved Sims Making magic and such but I prefer if all of it was optionals... Nothing kills immersion more than working at a hospital and all my co workers are ghosts.

It is actually pretty funny though. Most of the supernatural ideas came from real medical conditions. Like witches came from a side effect of bad bread. It is really interesting looking up the origins of them. But yeah options would be nice.

never heard that tale before.
  • "MasonGamer;14416912" wrote:

never heard that tale before.

Yeah it comes from ergotism: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medical_explanations_of_bewitchment

Some of the other supernatural origins: http://thebrainbank.scienceblog.com/2012/10/31/the-science-behind-the-myths-are-there-clinical-explanations-for-vampires-zombies-or-werewolves/
  • i fully agree with this other than playing aliens on occasion i am not a fan of ghost vampires or other supernatural so toggles to turn them off in game would be a nice feature to add.