Forum Discussion

5 years ago

Townies dressing from Styled Looks

I've been thinking about ways that could eliminate Townie outfits that are painful to look at being generated by the game. As things stand at the moment going into manage households finding them, changing their cloths, switching them back to an unplayed household is the only way to mitigate the fashion atrocities that occur fairly frequently in the Townie population. It is too much work to do for all Townies that look like they put a bunch of clothing options on a dart board when they decided what to wear.

I've been trying to come up with a way to improve this is what I came up with. What if styled looks was a clothing pool from which townies dressed?

We would need to be able to add to Styled Looks ourselves and have the ability to download them from the gallery for it to work well. While I would happily sit down and make my own styled looks to give the townie pool more variety in their wardrobe, there are lots of people in the community that would come up with much better stuff than I can come up with. If we could do this, then a pool of outfits for each category could be built up so there was not too much duplication in the outfits that your townies wear and immersion would not be broken because a Townie with a blue turban, an orange top from Island Living, a green dress from Realm of Magic and clown shoes is walking past your lot.

Another unrelated improvement to the Styled Looks I'd like to see is some improvements to ability to search the Styled Looks list. If you could search by look name and have a scrollable menu like we get for households in Manage Households they would be a lot easier to navigate than they currently are in the game at the moment.