Forum Discussion

WolvesCreek
New Spectator
5 years ago

Turn off emotions/Neutral state in options menu

I understand that the emotion system is a big deal of the Sims 4, but as a story teller it they get in my way when I'm in the middle of creating a story and for whatever reason my sim gets an moodlet that doesn't fit my script or specific vision for that scene. But because almost all of the moods have very specific animations and facial expressions they start to feel copy pasted and basically too comical. Thats why I try to get my sims into a neutral state as MUCH as possible, because honestly people aren't as emotionally bi-polar as Sims are in the Sims 4.

As a director and story teller its soooo annoying to deal with emotions, they legit just get in the way and waste my time trying to "reverse" them.

I would LOVE if there was an option added to the game that allowed me to either "turn off" emotions or set them to neutral states until I turned them back on. Heck even during gameplay I find emotions sometimes very frustrating to deal with and just want to turn them off.

• That would be a good idea. Meanwhile, from storyteller to storyteller, my solution is to use ui cheats. With that mod you can right click in any moodlet and it will go away :) you can also drag motives up or down, which is very usefull when you're doing something important and your sims are too tired or in desperate need to eat, bath or anything else :)

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,090 PostsLatest Activity: 8 hours ago