Forum Discussion

5 years ago

UI QoL: Full-height inventory Sell box

I frequently find myself having to drag stuff wayyy up diagonally to the Sell box, rather than simply dragging it a little to the left, because I've often got my inventory expanded vertically to see more of it.

It would be nice if the Sell box/area weren't just a fixed-height box that moves up with the top of the inventory, but instead the full height of the inventory window, since there's nothing below it anyway.

Look at my mockup to see how much less bother it would be to sell stuff low in the window if it were the full height:

https://i.imgur.com/YGF6pya.png
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    A bigger window would come in handy.

But I think a bigger overhaul might be even better. I would rather like some sort of sort filter, for example sort out one type of collectible and then sell select them all at once to move to storage (fridge, storage box,...) another sim, or the sell icon. Filters could include harvestables/produce, food/drinks, fishes, crystals, fossils, my sims dolls, books, selvadorada treasures, magical objects, ...

For example filter to harvestables and then sell all harvestables at once and sell them with a single click and drag .
  • Oh yeah the inventory UI could use a bigger overhaul for sure, but I figure I'll have more luck asking santa for a barbie than a magic pony. ;)
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    "Felice_Enellen;c-17266634" wrote:
    Oh yeah the inventory UI could use a bigger overhaul for sure, but I figure I'll have more luck asking santa for a barbie than a magic pony. ;)

You got a point there. Then I hope we will get at least the barbie. ;)
  • This would indeed be a nice comfort function. (Small steps. We'll rather get a hobby horse than a real unicorn.)
    atreya33
    Seasoned Veteran
    "Dannydanbo;c-17266774" wrote:
    You could just shrink that box back to normal and then drag whatever you want to sell and then open the box back up. We don't need a new function just because it's too much trouble to shrink your box. I don't want them wasting their time on silly requests. Put that time and effort into Uni.

Shrinking the box means more scrolling and less overview of the item in the inventory so it would be even less practical in my humble opinion.

It may be a small request but I don't consider it silly. I hope they do still take some time to improve the game than just put everything on making uni.

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,088 PostsLatest Activity: 58 minutes ago