Forum Discussion

10 years ago

Upstairs deleting floor tiles for stair landing solution

I went online to look for a solution to the second floor- floor tile deletion so I could build a stairway with an open area around it. I saw alot of "build a wall and delete the area you don't want" solutions, as well as complaints that this "breaks" a room or causes glitches. So I got to playing with it a little and found a solution that works out pretty well without breaking the room. The Deck. So I built a house that has a grand staircase going up to the second floor, but I wanted the area around the stairs open. When you use your sledgehammer tool, it wants to delete the whole flooring. No problem. Go ahead and delete that floor. Now, assuming your deck is set to the minimal height setting, build a deck inside your house where you want the floor to be. Bam! You've got a floor. Adjust the size and shape, and if need be use the triangle deck shape to get into any awkward places. Drag and shape until you have your desired effect. Really not that hard. You can build walls, half walls, and fences around the deck if you'd like and it shouldn't cause any glitches. I have yet to experience any myself. Hope this helped anyone having problems with this.
  • Thank you very much for posting your helpful tips/solution :) It is very kind of you to help fellow simmers. Thank you :)
  • As far as I am aware most of the problems come when there is a roof, frieze, or trim adjacent to the room in which the floor has been deleted. The aforementioned parts of the build will then poke through the walls as the game no longer recognises it as a room. However, I will try your fix and see if this still happens. :smile:
  • I see, please let me know if that continues happening. So far, I have my roof set up and am having no problems. but I have not placed any other detail on my walls, though I have it on my things to do list. hopefully things will work smoothly.
    EmmaVane
    Rising Hotshot
    You can also build a fence around the area you want to cut out, remove the floor, then add the stairs on the floor below. Fences auto-disappear from the top step when you places the stairs (the stairs magically hide them), but you do have to remove them at the bottom of the stairs.
  • Thanks EmmaVane Did it once a couple months ago but forgot how I did it. This does work everyone and it is very easy!

About The Sims 4 Creative Corner

Share screenshots, stories, builds, custom creations, mods, challenges, and funny moments in our Sims 4 Creative Corner.9,096 PostsLatest Activity: 3 hours ago